Mike Le

CLD Car Wash Solution for Review (LV8.0+)

Attached is my solution to the Car Wash example.

I completed it in 4 hours, but found it much more challenging to finish in the time constraint than the Boiler.

This is my first attempt at solving with a producer/consumer architecture.

Any comments/advice would be greatly appreciated!

CLD Exam 3 - Car Wash - 80.zip

Edited by Mike Le
  • Like 1

The code looks good to me it functions as expected, good documentation and style.

My question is were you able to build this code in 4 hours?

If so then you are in a great position to pass the CLD

If not then you should probably practice coding quickly.

Of all the CLD test takers that I've talked to TIME is the thing that everyone wished they had more of.

Quick drop has been the best tool for me in increasing quickness.

I see that you code was written in 8.0 so if you want to use quick drop and don't have access to 2009 or later

then I would download the evaluation version and you will have 30 days to practice with it.

Also I don't think that putting FP images in your code adds any benefit as far a scoring is concerned.

Good luck and let us know how you did

Mark

• Like 1

Hi Mark,

Yes, this code was completely done in 4 hours. I did not spend any time building the front panel, as the exam has recently changed to provide the front panel ahead of time.

I actually coded in 2011, but back-converted to 8.0 so more people could review. I just discovered Quick Drop and am still getting used to it, but will definitely practice more before the test! I've already noticed an increase in speed and I think it'll get faster as I get more familiar with the shortcuts.

I tossed the FP images in because I had a lot of spare time after finishing the code. It was the last thing I did, after correcting flags from VI Analyzer.

Hi,

I will take CLD in the next week, for the practice, I take CAR wash experiment and I have completed in 5 Hours.Can anyone give me any suggestions regarding this?

CAR WASH_ASSIGNMENT_1.zip

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By REF
      Hello Everyone,
      I'm taking the CLD this week and I have some questions:
      1) Can I create a project and add in it the VI given by NI. 
      2) I will use a STATE MACHINE and I'm thinking to add a state for the "WAIT EVENT"  within an EVENT STRUCTURE  to responds the user interaction with the UI (if the user click any buttons, this event structure will decide which state execute).
      => It is a good idea or no?
      3) At the end, if I will be able to test the Project with the VI analyzer, What I should consider the most in the VI Analyzer results.
      4) For the file I/O ( INI file or CSV file)Can I Use an"Application Directory"+"File Name"+"Build Path" to access the file path?
       5)If the application is well documented and I can run it at the end, I can pass it or there is another tip I should consider?
      Thank you.
    • By Shiva Prasad
      Hello,
      I'm currently looking for a job Change. Myself Shiva recently qualified the CLD and working on LabVIEW since more than 3 Years as well as on LabWindows/CVI Since last 1.5 years. I have experience on all Kind of RF instruments with different communication Protocols and all other details are listed below in my Resume. If you have any opening that suits me please contact me to my mail ID : sunnyshiva55@gmail.com
      Thanks
      Shiva
      Resume_Shiva.pdf
    • By hichem55
      Hello,

I will take the CLD exam in two days and I would be grateful if anyone could help me in these two questions:

1/ Do I have the ability to change a Cluster from the given UI into a Typedef?
      2/ In addition to Tip strips, Is it recommended to add some comments on the front panel or not?

Thank you very much!
    • By Gab
      Hello everyone,
      I am planning to give CLD exam but my question is: is this certification make any significase difference ?
      If yes, then where can I find proper guidance for preparation of this exam.
      Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.