CLD Exam Front Panel

Hello,

I will take the CLD exam in two days and I would be grateful if anyone could help me in these two questions:

1/ Do I have the ability to change a Cluster from the given UI into a Typedef?

2/ In addition to Tip strips, Is it recommended to add some comments on the front panel or not?

Thank you very much!

• 10 months later...
On 10/29/2017 at 11:56 PM, hichem55 said:

Hello,

I will take the CLD exam in two days and I would be grateful if anyone could help me in these two questions:

2/ In addition to Tip strips, Is it recommended to add some comments on the front panel or not?

Thank you very much!

1.Yes, you can change the cluster into type definition.

2. Yes, It will be better if you can comments on the front panel also about the application working But not necessary as far as i am concerned.......

On 10/29/2017 at 11:56 AM, hichem55 said:

Hello,

Thank you very much!

I'd stick to exactly what it says in the exam guide. Specific to your question #2 I've bolded an important item. As I understand it, there is at least a VI analyzer pre-check for the exam followed by two human graders. I've underlined items below that I think a computer can easily check. Its impossible to know how the graders work, but I would guess that they use the VI analyzer to point them at obvious errors, so if you don't get hit by the analyzer you might not get hit by the human grader either.

Note that, just as in real life, you can pass with zero documentation. :P

(the above is both accurate, and a joke, because documentation points are super easy to get)

Documentation

• c. User Interface (front panel)
    • 1. Label user interface objects with a name that represents its function
    • 2. Provide concise tip strips for user interface controls
    • 3. Provide special operating instructions where appropriate
    • 4. Provide an appropriate group name to controls that are grouped in clusters or decorations
  • d. Block Diagram
    • 1. Provide concise documentation of the overall algorithm in the main VI and subVIs
    • 2. Document each programming structure with a brief description of its functionality
    • 3. Label wires to show the data on the wire and the direction of data flow
    • 4. Label constants with names that represent their functions
    • 5. Use self-documenting programming practices
  • e. VI properties
    • 1. Provide concise documentation in the VI Properties of the main VI with the overall purpose of the VI
    • 2. Provide concise documentation in the VI Properties of the subVIs with the overall purpose of the subVI and the description and data type of the**

•  

**yes, its literally cut off like this in the guide for the documentation section :rolleyes:

Page 12 mentions icons as well, which I personally interpret as "is your code in a library" and "does your library have a non-default icon" but I may be wrong.

Edited by smithd