Highly Pixelated Vertical Text

alukindo

Hi:

The LabVIEW Function 'Print Front Panel' Outputs highly pixelated vertical text.

Such vertical text is the one created via control captions.

Even when converted to PDF the vertically-oriented text is not even available for editing and is actually printed as an image.

Question: Has anyone found a way to minimize vertical text pixelation?

The text looks OK on screen. It just deteriorates when printing. I have attached an example of a printout with both vertical and horizontal text.

Regards

Anthony L.

PDFPlot_View2013-02-17_16-05-40.pdf

We've had similar problems with vertical text for YScales on graphs. As far as I can remember we found no work-around for YScale legends but for texts we increased the size of the front panel in order to have a 1:1 zoom factor for printing, that was horrible on screen (huge) but it came out nice when printing.

Hope this helps

PS : I'll poke around internally because I think we have a CAR for that.

I've noticed the text only gets pixilated like that when the image goes through a vector format. My guess is when this happens the underlying API for the vectors don't support text rotation so LabVIEW renders it (horribly) as an image. The only work around I've found is to use intermediate raster formats. I haven't looked at your code though so I don't know if that's possible in your case, but perhaps you could capture a bitmap and print that?