Invoke Built In Menu Item

So in 2011 and 2012 with the super secret key turned on there is an "Invoke Built In Menu Item" for a VI.  It states very clearly "NOT IMPLEMENTED" so I assume don't use this your computer will explode.  

But this feature would be nice.  I was wondering if anyone had a method for invoking a menu item from a VI, and if anyone knew if/when this feature will be implemented?  I noticed there is a similar invoke method for an application, but this makes me think it won't work for a VI specific menu item.

So this is a bad example but I have a Help >> About Us menu item, how could I problematically call that as if the user pressed the menu item?  There are many, work arounds I just thought this would be one of the cleanest for my setup.

Assuming the accelerator exists, I usually simulate the Alt+? followed by the accelerator keypresses. 

Great suggestion.  Won't work in my case but thanks.  In my scenario (which I probably should have mentioned) I'm envisioning a time when a VI could be shown in a floating window, or in a subpanel.  When it is in a subpanel I would remove the menu bar (so it looks more like part of the main VI), and then have some other mechanism to run the menu bar from the main VI, possible through a right click menu.  When the menu bar isn't being seen (and in a subpanel) the Alt + F method (for file) doesn't work.  

I can of course catch the event of a separate right click menu and show the same options as a menu bar, I just thought if there is a way from the Main VI to call the menu item of the VI in a subpanel then no extra code would be required.