I'm taking the CLD this week and I have some questions:
1) Can I create a project and add in it the VI given by NI.
2) I will use a STATE MACHINE and I'm thinking to add a state for the "WAIT EVENT" within an EVENT STRUCTURE to responds the user interaction with the UI (if the user click any buttons, this event structure will decide which state execute).
=> It is a good idea or no?
3) At the end, if I will be able to test the Project with the VI analyzer, What I should consider the most in the VI Analyzer results.
4) For the file I/O ( INI file or CSV file)Can I Use an"Application Directory"+"File Name"+"Build Path" to access the file path?
5)If the application is well documented and I can run it at the end, I can pass it or there is another tip I should consider?
By Shiva Prasad
I'm currently looking for a job Change. Myself Shiva recently qualified the CLD and working on LabVIEW since more than 3 Years as well as on LabWindows/CVI Since last 1.5 years. I have experience on all Kind of RF instruments with different communication Protocols and all other details are listed below in my Resume. If you have any opening that suits me please contact me to my mail ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
I will take the CLD exam in two days and I would be grateful if anyone could help me in these two questions:
1/ Do I have the ability to change a Cluster from the given UI into a Typedef?
2/ In addition to Tip strips, Is it recommended to add some comments on the front panel or not?
Thank you very much!
LabVIEW Software Developer
SIGMADESIGN is a fun, fast-paced engineering consulting company currently experiencing explosive growth. We are looking for a LabVIEW Software Developer. Curiosity, competency and confidence are a must. We offer competitive compensation (DOE), Medical, Dental, and Short Term Disability insurance, a retirement plan, and profit sharing. We also offer Voluntary Benefits: Vision, Long Term Disability, and Term Life insurance.
Definition and programming of LabVIEW based software. Duties include: designing, developing, installation, and debug of custom LabVIEW based applications for a variety of monitoring, measurement, and control systems. Systems will incorporate a variety of technologies (DAQ, machine vision, motion, FPGA & real-time control, etc.) with application across a broad range of industries.
Essential Job Functions - Responsibilities:
· Develop and maintain LabVIEW applications for control and data acquisition across a wide range of test and measurement systems.
· Interpret and understand control specification documents, P&ID drawings, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
· Utilize National Instruments data acquisition hardware, off-the-shelf test equipment, and custom developed hardware.
· Troubleshoot software and electrical control issues and define and/or implement solutions.
· Support, improve and modify existing LabVIEW applications as necessary.
· Create and maintain documentation, version control history, and bug tracking for LabVIEW applications in coordination with engineering and technician teams.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience: (Knowledge, skills, & abilities)
· CLD (Certified LabVIEW Developer) certification or above is required.
· 5+ years LabVIEW application development experience with demonstrated proficiency.
· Experience with NI DAQmx, NI VISA drivers, and supported protocols (GPIB, RS232/RS485, TCP/IP).
· Experience with at least one version control system and an issue tracking system.
· Attention to detail in design, programming, debug, and documentation work.
· Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
· Ability to plan work and accomplish objectives with minimum of direction.
· Strong written and verbal English language communication skills.
Additional Desirable Skills, Education, and Experience:
· CLA (Certified LabVIEW Architect) certification highly desirable.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field highly desirable.
· LabVIEW Real-time and FPGA Programming experience.
· LabVIEW Object-Oriented Programming experience.
· Experience with developing Motion and Vision applications.
· Experience with CAN and Modbus network protocols.
· Familiar with basic relational database concepts.
· Linux OS administration and shell scripting experience.
· Experience with Matlab and Simulink.
· Additional software skills (C/C++, PHP, Python, etc.).
· LabVIEW for calling external code (dll, COM objects, ActiveX, .NET, etc.)
· Translation of source code from various languages (VB, C, C++, C#, Python) into LabVIEW code.
· Calling VIs dynamically.
· Experience with LabVIEW version 2012 or newer.
· Pass a post-offer background check verification.
· Complete Pre-Employment Assessment required: Begin Assessment
In addition to submitting your application, please complete the Pre-Employment Assessment to be considered for this position.
Standard office environment with normal amounts of office related conditions. Occasionally may be required to work in environmental conditions that emulate typical user environments in order to facilitate design testing and validation.
Sigma Design - Corporate Fact Sheet.pdf