LabVIEW Controls Software Engineer in Bay Area Energy Starup

Primus Power is developing a low cost, utility-scale flow battery system that will increase the stability and security of the electric grid, and accelerate adoption of renewable wind and solar energy. Primus is located in Hayward, CA.

Principals only.

LabVIEW Controls Software Engineer
We are seeking a skilled LabVIEW controls software engineer to develop and maintain code for the Primus Energy Storage technology (very large and sophisticated batteries). You must enjoy working in a fast paced startup company environment where creativity, speed, initiative and meticulous engineering work are required to succeed.

Job Responsibilities
  • Create code to run new devices and equipment as needed within the structure of current framework.
  • Maintain accurate records of code changes through source code control and requirements tracking.
  • Collaborate and coordinate with multiple groups to deploy changes with minimal interruption to ongoing activities.
  • Utilize designs that allow systems to run safely without direct supervision.
  • Assist with test system integration, troubleshooting, etc.
  • Write unit test and validation code to minimize integration risk.
Candidate Minimum Requirements
  • BS or greater in Computer Science or technical field.
  • Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) required
  • Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) and/or Experience with LabVIEW RT and FPGA are a major plus.
  • 2+ years experience in controls software design.
  • Experienced with Object Oriented Programming concepts. LVOOP recommended.
  • Able to understand and communicate advanced program architectures and designs.
  • Passion for developing game-changing technology and accelerating the adoption of renewable energy.
  • Personality traits needed to work quickly and meet deadlines while also maintaining high standards of quality, and safety.
  • Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.

Primus Power is a clean tech start-up in Silicon Valley. We are financed by top tier capital firms. We offer competitive compensation and an invigorating, collaborative work environment.
Please Send Resumes to jobs at primuspower d com
  • Similar Content

• By DigDoug
      CLA_ATM_QMH_PRACTICE.zipHi Folks,

I'm taking the CLA exam in a few weeks and would like some feedback on the solution I put together (attached). A few specific questions:
      Can I dump tags in the VI Documentation of the VI like I did in Error Handler - Console Error.vi and get credit since there are instructions for developers to complete this work? This would be my strategy if I run out of time. 
      Does this seem like a passing solution? Why/why not?
      Where do you think I would lose the most points in this solution?
      Any other feedback on this exam or general strategy tips are greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,
      Aaron
    • By REF
      Hello Everyone,
      I'm taking the CLD this week and I have some questions:
      1) Can I create a project and add in it the VI given by NI. 
      2) I will use a STATE MACHINE and I'm thinking to add a state for the "WAIT EVENT"  within an EVENT STRUCTURE  to responds the user interaction with the UI (if the user click any buttons, this event structure will decide which state execute).
      => It is a good idea or no?
      3) At the end, if I will be able to test the Project with the VI analyzer, What I should consider the most in the VI Analyzer results.
      4) For the file I/O ( INI file or CSV file)Can I Use an"Application Directory"+"File Name"+"Build Path" to access the file path?
       5)If the application is well documented and I can run it at the end, I can pass it or there is another tip I should consider?
      Thank you.
    • By Shiva Prasad
      Hello,
      I'm currently looking for a job Change. Myself Shiva recently qualified the CLD and working on LabVIEW since more than 3 Years as well as on LabWindows/CVI Since last 1.5 years. I have experience on all Kind of RF instruments with different communication Protocols and all other details are listed below in my Resume. If you have any opening that suits me please contact me to my mail ID : sunnyshiva55@gmail.com
      Thanks
      Shiva
      Resume_Shiva.pdf
    • By hichem55
      Hello,

I will take the CLD exam in two days and I would be grateful if anyone could help me in these two questions:

1/ Do I have the ability to change a Cluster from the given UI into a Typedef?
      2/ In addition to Tip strips, Is it recommended to add some comments on the front panel or not?

Thank you very much!
    • By Gab
      Hello everyone,
      I am planning to give CLD exam but my question is: is this certification make any significase difference ?
      If yes, then where can I find proper guidance for preparation of this exam.
      Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.