Error 22A8 "Error requires full development system to be fixed"

Hello,

I have successfully built my application with the application builder. The application is a plug-in architecture where I have paths to different .lvclass files internally in the .exe file which I have set to "always included" in the build. The different classes will be loaded dynamically

When I run the executable on my development machine it start up and everything works fine. But when I want to run in on another machine with only the LV runtime installed I get the following error

Error 22A8 "Error requires full development system to be solved"

How is that? anyone know what that mean? I don't find much information about this when I search on the internet so i'm kinda stuck now.

Im using LV 2011 sp1.

Best regards

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

From my experience, this error means that it can't load the classes dynamically because something is missing, for one of the following reasons:

1. Do your classes use dlls? are they also always included?

2. Do your classes need any instrument drivers that aren't installed on the new machine, or (and this delayed us by months once!) the drivers in the new machine are not the same version as the drivers in the development machine?

3. Do your classes reference any external files?

4. Are you sure that your lvclass files are included in the build? Can you see them in the new machine? If you copy them from the new machine to the development machine, can you open them using LabView?

5. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but are you also including the lvclass methods? including an *.lvclass file will not necessarily include its methods (e.g. MyClass.lvclass::init.vi should also be included in the build, as well as any VIs that Init.vi would use)

How exactly are you loading the classes dynamically? Can you give an example? I assumed from your question that you are loading a specific VI from each lvclass dynamically, not using lvlibp (packed library).

Hello,

I have successfully built my application with the application builder. The application is a plug-in architecture where I have paths to different .lvclass files internally in the .exe file which I have set to "always included" in the build. The different classes will be loaded dynamically

When I run the executable on my development machine it start up and everything works fine. But when I want to run in on another machine with only the LV runtime installed I get the following error

Error 22A8 "Error requires full development system to be solved"

How is that? anyone know what that mean? I don't find much information about this when I search on the internet so i'm kinda stuck now.

Im using LV 2011 sp1.

Best regards

Thomas

Have you tried running the executable on your PC but with the source directory renamed to something else? This can help diagnose if some VIs/classes etc are not being included in the exe but are on your disk so the built application works fine. Also try move the exe somewhere else (on your PC) as if the application has relative paths to source code VIs it should then fail.