1D Array to String, behaviour changed sometime between 8.5 and 2013?

Hi,

I was made aware of a bug in an application I am supporting. It was originally coded in LV8.5 and has been recently saved at 2013. I think I have traced the bug down to an apparent change in the 1D Array to String VI.

In short, it seems that in LV2013 a carriage return "\r" character is being inserted at the end of the string. In LV8.5 this does not happen.

Inside that VI is quite simple, but it looks like the culprit is the Match Pattern primitive.

Any ideas when the behaviour of this primitive changed?

post-7375-0-04125000-1424698096.png

post-7375-0-77443600-1424698100.png

String Test LV2013.vi

String Test LV85.vi

Something crazy is going on. I ran the LV2013 VI last night and had the same problem with the extra "\r".

Then I opened up the OpenG VI and put a string indicator between the Array To Spreadsheet String and Match Pattern, re-ran the code and it worked properly! Hmmmm...

I have tried opening my LV85 VI in 2013 and everything also works properly.

This is quite bemusing as I have four different applications (built as .exes) that show this behaviour, but now cannot reproduce it.

Edited by Neil Pate

Just to check the obvious:

Are you positively sure that there isn't a "\r" in the second array element? Are the strings not limited to a single line? Are there different settings on Environment -> End text with enter key? Have you checked the array string using code display?

Yeah I did check that just to make sure. There are definitely no carriage returns in the strings in the input array.