Windows 10 Issues

viSci

1 hour ago, rolfk said:

Not simply like that. It was part of project work so copyright is an issue. And it is definitely a to big project to tackle as a one man show. One complication with OpenCV is that the newer API is C++ based so you will not get around to creating an intermediate shared library either. And unfortunately the IMAQ control does not seem to work on non Windows platforms eventhough it is mostly a built in control in LabVIEW itself and not provided by the IMAQ Vision software, so there is the need to add an additional element to handle efficient display of images in some form of external window and that is thanks to different windows managers not always straight forward.

I wasn't hopeful, but it's always worth asking the question ;) I think there are similar issues with some of the DAQ too. I've only touched the surface with limitations since I've never used Linux in anger, so to speak-just for testing toolkits. It will be interesting to see what NI do with their PXI racks as ETS is Windows 7 (nee windows XP).

• 1 year later...

I took the plunge myself and was wondering how others are fairing on Windows10.  Most of the issues I encountered have to do with default settings in W10 that allow background processes these reviews of phenq (like anti-malware) to just pop into memory at any time and suck the cpu dry.  I spent a whole day disabling and tweaking things to prevent thoughtless cpu hogging.  

Windows 10 is resource-hog for me as I have just 4 GB of RAM. I never wanted Windows 10 as I was happy with my Windows 7 Ultimate, but even after denying so many times to upgrade my OS, Windows still downloaded the update into my system and WITHOUT my consent and upgraded it to Windows 10. I'm just fed up with the problems that I'm facing since the forced upgrade (there are too many to mention). My question is, is there any possibility to downgrade my OS to Windows 7 without formatting my C drive?

Edited by Christopher R. Kroll
Typo

The upgrade assistant that gets installed can perform a revert in the case of something not working right afterwards.  I've never done this and don't expect it to work but it is there.  Also this upgrade assistant keeps all these old files only for a month before deleting them itself.  After that it will likely mean a format.

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2018 at 6:28 PM, hooovahh said:

The upgrade assistant that gets installed can perform a revert in the case of something not working right afterwards.  I've never done this and don't expect it to work but it is there.  Also this upgrade assistant keeps all these old files only for a month before deleting them itself.  After that it will likely mean a format.

I doubt it would work, i have installed it anyway and will keep you guys posted. 

On 8/19/2018 at 2:39 PM, JosephBennett said:

The upgrade assistant that gets installed can perform a revert in the case of something not working right afterwards.  I've never done this and don't expect it to work but it is there.  Also this upgrade assistant keeps all these old files only for a month before using testogen deleting them itself.  After that it will likely mean a format.

Can you give any update because this is not working on my pc.

I think disabling is far more harder than enabling an antivirus. :(

Edited by RussHolmes
  • 11 months later...