Problem with SET Localization Toolkit

vix

I downloaded SET Localization Toolkit 0.4.0.1 and installed in LabVIEW 2016.

I set "UseUnicode=True" the "labview.ini" file

I created a dummy example with a boolean button, trying to localize in Chinese (trad) - see attachment project.zip

But neither in the "Preview VIs", nor in the VI itslef after having applied Chinese language I can see Chinese characters - see attachment image.png

I'm almost sure I missed something, but I don't understand what.

image.PNG

project.zip

I use Arial Unicode and so I don't think this is the problem.

As a matter of fact I can see Chinese characters if I cupy and paste them into the caption or boolean text of the button.

capture.PNG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Porter
      View File SET Localization Toolkit
      The SET Localization Toolkit provides more convenient edit-time language switching support for LabVIEW 2013 projects.

UI text is extracted from an existing project and stored in a localization file. Additional languages can be added then applied to the project using the apply language wizard.

The idea is to be able to quickly apply a language to a project before distribution. Applying the language at edit-time allows you to fix up the UI in the target language. Change fonts and re-size controls so that it looks right before compiling it.

Features:
      - No modification of project's source code required. No additional dependencies.
      - Support for switching code pages.
      - Ability to define shared resources.
      - Resources referenced via UID. Changing labels of control does not break linkage.
      - Resources can be exported to CSV file for external translation.
      - Resources stored as UTF-16LE text.
      - Ability to translate RTM files.

Requirements:
      - Unicode support enabled in the LabVIEW.ini file

Installation:
      - Download the ".vip" file and install using VI Package Manager 2014
      - Make sure that "UseUnicode=True" is set in the "labview.ini" file

Usage:
      - From within any LabVIEW window, select "Tools->LAVA->SET Project Editor"
      GitHub: https://github.com/rfporter/SET-Toolkit
      Submitter Porter Submitted 09/21/2014 Category *Uncertified* LabVIEW Version License Type  
    • By Porter
      The SET Localization Toolkit provides more convenient edit-time language switching support for LabVIEW 2013 projects.

UI text is extracted from an existing project and stored in a localization file. Additional languages can be added then applied to the project using the apply language wizard.

The idea is to be able to quickly apply a language to a project before distribution. Applying the language at edit-time allows you to fix up the UI in the target language. Change fonts and re-size controls so that it looks right before compiling it.

Features:
      - No modification of project's source code required. No additional dependencies.
      - Support for switching code pages.
      - Ability to define shared resources.
      - Resources referenced via UID. Changing labels of control does not break linkage.
      - Resources can be exported to CSV file for external translation.
      - Resources stored as UTF-16LE text.
      - Ability to translate RTM files.

Requirements:
      - Unicode support enabled in the LabVIEW.ini file

Installation:
      - Download the ".vip" file and install using VI Package Manager 2014
      - Make sure that "UseUnicode=True" is set in the "labview.ini" file

Usage:
      - From within any LabVIEW window, select "Tools->LAVA->SET Project Editor"
      GitHub: https://github.com/rfporter/SET-Toolkit

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.