PXIe-8840QC 8GB memory

Ryan Vallieu

Anyone have an 8 GB memory chip in their PXIe-8840QC?

If you do can you let me know the part number?

I'm working on netboot and need to increase my RAM from the 4GB included.  Yes, I know NI sells NI part number 783001-8192, but I am expecting a ridiculously high quote for something that should only cost $200 maximum in the worst case.

I'm thinking Micron MT16KTF1G64HZ-1G9P1, Memory Module DDR3L SDRAM 8GB 1866MT/s 204-SODIMM would work, just rather know if someone has an 8GB memory that is known working.

What's in it from NI is the 4GB Micron  MT8KTF51264HZ-1G9P1 (PC3L-14900S-13-13-B4, 4 GB 1Rx8 ), Memory Module DDR3L SDRAM 4GB 1866MT/s 204-SODIMM

Edited by Ryan Vallieu
  • 2 months later...

I was working with a PXI-8840 dual-core, so slightly different than OP's, but we were successful in replacing the RAM using off the shelf parts just this past week.

The original 4GB stick it came with was this: https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr3/ct51264bf160bj

We just bought the exact same model*, with instead 8gb: https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr3/ct102464bf160b

There wasn't any issues installing it, or being recognized.

Edited by ShockHouse
  • Like 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/9/2020 at 9:42 PM, ShockHouse said:

I was working with a PXI-8840 dual-core, so slightly different than OP's, but we were successful phenq where to buy in replacing the RAM using off the shelf parts just this past week.

The original 4GB stick it came with was this: 

We just bought the exact same model*, with instead 8gb:

There wasn't any issues installing it, or being recognized.

8GB RAM DDR3 passend für National Instruments PXI-8840 QC SO DIMM 1600MHz ... 1PC NI PXI PXIE Empty Blank 3U CPCI Baffle.

Edited by SeanDelossantos