Menu Reference of Tree control

i2dx

Hi Folks,

has someone yet figured out, where i can find a reference to the shortcut menu of a control (tree) somewhere else then in the event structure?

I want to implement the following functionality:

i have a tree with several "types" of elements, with different rightclick options

e.g.

item type: apple --> eat, throw, ignore

item type car --> get in, get out, drive

item type tree --> hug, cut down, count leaves ...

etc

if a user clicks on a tree (detected by value change) i want to change the shortcut (rightclick) menu in "background" so that it is allready there, when the rightclick occurs.

am i on the wrong track, or has someone an idea?

thx and cheers,

cb

example:

Download File:post-885-1136738123.vi

There is a trick. In the menu activation event frame, you can obtain the tag of the item that the user right-clicked on. Use the Tree's Point To Row Column menthod:

post-17-1136744007.png?width=400

Converts a pixel coordinate to a tag-column pair in the coordinates of the control. This method also returns whether the point is inside the bounds of the content rectangle and whether the point is within the custom symbol of the cell.

When integrated into your code, it looks like this:

post-17-1136743857.png?width=400

Here is your example, with my edits:

Download File:post-17-1136743870.vi

i first fear was, that you could see the elements change or get the wrong ones in my version, because the "value change" event has to be detected first.

now it seems, the menu activation event is pretty fast, but i have not yet tested with slower machines or deeply nested menu-structures ...

furthermore, i am glad with jims solution ...

Jim,

This is off-topic, but something that got me curious. Can you share with us how you get your BD annotations? I can't find any built-in LV decorations that can be modified to reproduce the thick-lined ovals and rounded boxes, arrows, etc that I see. Some of your stuff looks enough like the Pro differencing toolkit that I'm wondering if you've got some tricks up your sleeve. Or maybe you're just retouching your screenshots with MS-Paint...

Left wondering,

Dave

Jim,

This is off-topic, but something that got me curious. Can you share with us how you get your BD annotations? I can't find any built-in LV decorations that can be modified to reproduce the thick-lined ovals and rounded boxes, arrows, etc that I see. Some of your stuff looks enough like the Pro differencing toolkit that I'm wondering if you've got some tricks up your sleeve. Or maybe you're just retouching your screenshots with MS-Paint...

Left wondering,

Dave

David, I use SnagIt.