exit labview without effect?

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with the exit labview VI in a compiled exe (LV 8.20):

I have the "exit LabVIEW" VI in the last frame of my main VI:

post-885-1165490863.png?width=400

this should close the RT Engine instance of labview, but it does not. the VI stops, but remains open

has anyone an idea, why?

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with the exit labview VI in a compiled exe (LV 8.20):

I have the "exit LabVIEW" VI in the last frame of my main VI:

post-885-1165490863.png?width=400

this should close the RT Engine instance of labview, but it does not. the VI stops, but remains open

has anyone an idea, why?

Blame it on the sequence structure!

Are you connecting to this VI while it is executing on the RT system? If so, I'm not sure it would exit the LabView development environment... Besides, I'm not even sure what that function is supposed to do in an RT environment...

Are you connecting to this VI while it is executing on the RT system? If so, I'm not sure it would exit the LabView development environment... Besides, I'm not even sure what that function is supposed to do in an RT environment...

I am just pointing out the obvious:

Is that the only function you have in the last frame? Do you also close the front-panel in the last frame? make sure you don't run into race condition, close the FP first then call the function.

no, it's not running on a RT system, but you are right with your comment!

using "quit labview" on a RT system results in "strange behavoiur" e.g.: your application remains in memory can restart if you open max and edit tasks!

the reason for my problem was an other one:

If you have an event structure in your application, which catches the "application instance close" event, the quit labview function will not work any more. I have reported this as a bug and I am waiting for confimation ...

You can try it out with the attatched VI, the behaviour is reproducable on my system - even in the development environment LV will not close on calling "close labview", while calling the function without the event structure closes labview (as it should).

thank you all for your quick response!

Download File:post-885-1165504596.zip

• 1 month later...