Error Handler

While developing various applications we found out that error handling is one of the most important(at the same time one of the most ignored) task. so we decided to develop some modules which will allow us to configure the handling methods

after develoment we think that this library can be useful to everyone, hence we are making it public

please feel free to give your feedback, bug report, improvement ideas etc...

you can also Email me at tushar@vispune.com

Download File:post-2027-1166519779.zip

While developing various applications we found out that error handling is one of the most important(at the same time one of the most ignored) task. so we decided to develop some modules which will allow us to configure the handling methods

after develoment we think that this library can be useful to everyone, hence we are making it public

please feel free to give your feedback, bug report, improvement ideas etc...

you can also Email me at tushar@vispune.com

Hello you posted a nice example.

However, one Vi is missing in the Projet:

CreateDataLogFileWithHeaderIfDoNoExist.vi

• 2 years later...

I seldom care about error, I will connect the error in/out only when I need to open/read/write/close file

• I see the simple error handle, there is an "error in". How can I use the "error in", where I can find the error source? If I need to Open a file, the error source is provided by the OPEN VI. I don't know what I should look for.

• I read some notes which said "Connect the Error In to the While loop, then the boolean will be changed to STOP if Error". I have no clue where I can find an "Error In" control/constant

• Can I create a VI just add two numbers and display the result with Error detection??

QUOTE (zmarcoz @ Jan 8 2009, 09:05 PM)

Where Should I put the simple error handler?

Do I need to put it within every subVI?

If I want the error handler keep checking error, should I put the handler inside a while loop?

If there's an error cluster (out) that is not wired, you will get a pop-up if there is an error.

The error handler VI should be put anywhere you want to intervene on an error.

If you detect an error (using case structure for example), then you can call a subroutine to deal and correct the error, or ask for user input. You could even simply log these errors in a file for future reference. They're a great debugging tool.