Help needed to built VI (any plz)

HI

I am totaly newbe and never used Labview so.Is there Any one can help in building this VI with this specification plz for my final project

5 parametrers as follows:

Speed = range 300 - 302 rpm

Feedrate= range 0.1 - 0.12 mm/min

DOC = 0.5 mm

AE RMS= 0.01 - 0.025 mv

TW = 0 - 0.23 mm

These are the five parameters i need to be simulated. Every 2 seconds they should auto generated and the results should stored directly into table which into database (MYSQL) with the following connections information

Server = "localhost";

Username = "root"

password = "pass"

dbname = "test";

tablename = "para";

Please help

Thanks

You will have to create a timed loop or a while loop with a timer set to 2 seconds. In it, you will read values of 5 controls from front panel and write them in a table from database.

..and don't forget to connect the kizblit to the doohickey - it won't work without it.

kbllau,

you have been a bit lazy in asking the question, next time post some code of what you allready got.

Now some advice:

break up the code in smaller parts, (or seperate functions), tackle each problem apart.

If you have a problem search on the NI forums. They have a much much bigger user base (currently 30:9000 do the math) and are more suit for your beginner problems.

It's not that we don't want to help you it's just that you show no effort besides copy-paste from your assignment.

Ton

kbllau,

you have been a bit lazy in asking the question, next time post some code of what you allready got.

Now some advice:

break up the code in smaller parts, (or seperate functions), tackle each problem apart.

If you have a problem search on the NI forums. They have a much much bigger user base (currently 30:9000 do the math) and are more suit for your beginner problems.

It's not that we don't want to help you it's just that you show no effort besides copy-paste from your assignment.

Ton

Hi There

Thanks for the advice, Sorry :oops: guys I am not lazy, i told every one here that i am totaly newbie :nono: i never used Labview before, I use Matlab for this smuilation.

However I have attach what i already did and see how it goes from there.

Thanks all

post-2318-1169729969.jpg?width=400

Well that looks not too bad, insert a wait until next inside the loop.

Now you need to figure out how to communicate with the database. I2dx has developed hi ado toolkit for this, or NI has a DB toolkit. Or if this is all you need you could try to write your own with the TCP primitives.

Ton

Or if this is all you need you could try to write your own with the TCP primitives.

This last suggestion I would take with a grain of salt. Of course it is possible and there were people starting to implement the MySQL TCP protocol in LabVIEW already, but considering the level of expertise from the OP in LabVIEW I think going with one of the existing solutions (NI database Toolkit, idx's ADO Toolkit) is already hard enough to solve.

Rolf Kalbermatter