Patent Watch

Hi,

I'd like to propose addition of a new forum "Patent Watch" to the list of LAVA forums. This could be a place where LAVA users could post short descriptions of NI and LabVIEW related patents and patent applications and links to the applications themselves. This forum could work as a place for peer reviewing NI and LabVIEW related patents and patent applications. The forum would also function as a way to get information about new forthcoming LabVIEW features. What do you think? Would you be interested in such a new forum?

jimi

• 2 weeks later...

Why not just create a topic (or continue using this one) and make entries in it? Sort of like the veterans do with the bug list on the NI Forums. It allows people to communicate, and Michael has created new forums from various topic content in the past, such as "Rusty Nails" :thumbup:

I think the topic can be pinned by a LAVA admin to show up at the top of the forum (like the NI News sub-forum under The NI world) if it proves to have enough activity. I'll try to contribute here....

NI recently issued a press release regarding U.S. Patent No. 5,301,336 (' '336 patent') that provides NI with patent protections on certain technologies through April 2011. I haven't read that much about it; so... what does this '336 patent' mean to NI, and more importantly, us?

• 4 years later...

This is a very old thread, indeed. However, I think it's relevant to reply to it because this month, the '336 and '301 patents for LabVIEW expired. If I am not mistaken, the '336 patent covered the front panel/connector pane relationship and most of the block diagram structures and base functions. Am I correct in this view?