Replacement for vi.libUtilityerror.llb using LV classes posted

The revised error.llb and commentary was sumitted here:

http://forums.lavag.org/downloads.html&showfile=83#

Attached to this post is a demo of the revised GEH capabilities. Unzip the attached file and run Picture Error DEMO.zip AFTER you install the posted error.llb.zip (as described in the link). Comments appear on the block diagram. The real magic is down in the revised version of "General Error Handler CORE.vi"

Comments welcome.

Some things are just not meant to be...

The LAVA gurus quite correctly rejected my submission to the code repository. Not the right place to submit "proof of concept" code. So I was going to post it here. Since the post wasn't yet available, I took the time to look through the code one more time, and I found some more stuff to tweak to improve the setup. So I made the changes. But one of the dangers of being in R&D is that sometimes you launch the wrong version of LV. ... my VIs are now saved in a not-yet-released version of LV, more importantly, a version for which Save For Previous is not operational at this time. Ah, joy.

When SFP is fixed, I'll post those VIs. If one of the code reviewers still has one of the versions I submitted earlier, don't post it... I really would rather put up with the later changes.

*sigh*

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Mar 4 2007, 08:51 PM)

But one of the dangers of being in R&D is that sometimes you launch the wrong version of LV. ... my VIs are now saved in a not-yet-released version of LV, more importantly, a version for which Save For Previous is not operational at this time. Ah, joy.

I'm not trying to rub salt in the wounds, but rather, give some perspective in the context of the moment...

Even for one-person projects, source code control is invaluable. For example, you can create an SVN repository on your local machine and checkout a sandbox for working on your personal projects. This will give you a safety net, even if you're not using the corporate repository.

TortoiseSVN makes setting up a local repository very easy, by the way.

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Mar 4 2007, 11:06 PM)

I'm not trying to rub salt in the wounds, but rather, give some perspective in the context of the moment...

Even for one-person projects, source code control is invaluable. For example, you can create an SVN repository on your local machine and checkout a sandbox for working on your personal projects. This will give you a safety net, even if you're not using the corporate repository.

TortoiseSVN makes setting up a local repository very easy, by the way.

Merely because I didn't use the SCC this time does not mean I don't have the tools to do so. I was just dumb. :-(

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Mar 4 2007, 10:38 PM)

Merely because I didn't use the SCC this time does not mean I don't have the tools to do so. I was just dumb. :-(

I figured that you did, I just thought it would be a good opportunity to get up onto my soap box and impart some friendly advice that might benefit those lurking on LAVA. I've been there and I've done that... and occasionally, I still do... :)