Engine Cooling System

Hey, long time reader here, but first time poster. I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am trying to build a engine system, and part of it is to switch on a fan when the temperature goes above a certain limit. And then the speed of the fan thereafter is based on the temperature inside the engine.. Any help would be appreciated Cheers

QUOTE(familyguy @ Mar 8 2007, 10:06 AM)

Cross posted on NI and LAVA forums with the same question (cut and paste), and joined both forums TODAY with the same name. If you were a long time reader, you would know how to ask questions the right way. I label FamilyGuy as a

post-949-1161625613.gif

QUOTE(yen @ Mar 8 2007, 02:32 PM)

Search for some LabVIEW tutorials and for "PID".

Ditto, while you're at it maybe you could look in your .\LabVIEW\Examples folder for PID examples, or even go to your Help menu in LabVIEW and "Find Examples" and search for temperature control or PID, just don't turn in the unmodified example VIs as your homework ... any teacher worth their salt will be checking for and rightly fail you for that.

Forgive us all for labeling you an H2, but it seems doubtful that if you had been using LabVIEW for a while, that you would not already know that LabVIEW already has more example code, for free, that what you need to do what you ask.

Do yourself a further favor, and after you look up temperatures & PIDs, etc, that you spend some time and get familiar with most of the examples that come with LabVIEW.

post-932-1159825841.gif