front panel 'viewer' or code 'viewer'

Greetings,

Due to limited licenses, I cannot install Labview on all the machines I would like. Consequently, the development and deploying are often on separate computers. Does anyone know of a viewer which would open a vi and allowing browsing of the front panel and code? The viewer would be like a '3-d model' viewer where you can only view the model and manipulate it, but not alter. If no, does Labview support introspection and reflection like java -> build Labview exe that encapsulates the vi? ;) Thanks for your time.

JMA

Greetings,

Due to limited licenses, I cannot install Labview on all the machines I would like. Consequently, the development and deploying are often on separate computers. Does anyone know of a viewer which would open a vi and allowing browsing of the front panel and code? The viewer would be like a '3-d model' viewer where you can only view the model and manipulate it, but not alter. If no, does Labview support introspection and reflection like java -> build Labview exe that encapsulates the vi? ;) Thanks for your time.

JMA

We do have the introspection, but only on development clients. In the runtime engine, there is no support for looking at the source code. Indeed, when you deploy to a runtime engine, we strip out the diagrams from the save file and all that remains is the compiled assembly instructions, the front panel, and the dataspace. You can take images of your block diagrams (there are methods in the development system for getting PNG or other graph file formats of the diagram) and send them along with your VIs if you want people to be able to look at the block diagram.

Greetings,

JMA

I am not sure how many licenses you have, but If you have at least 5, you could get a VLA. If you have a VLA you have an option of computer based or user based licenses, if you have user based you can have two licences per person (not simultaneously) this would effectively double the number of machines you can have Labview Installed on. The more license you have on the VLA the more of a discount you get for additional licenses. One caveat is you must have all licenses on a SSP (discounted). I may have got some of this information wrong, take a look at the VLA and see if it will help. :thumbup: