Microsoft Surface

QUOTE(eaolson @ Jun 18 2007, 10:20 AM)

Unfortunately, the concept of a website that works without Flash has left the building.

I hear you on that point!

BTW: One of my customers is concidering one of these widgets for the next phase of the project.

I am glad it is the next phase because I have trouble enough keeping track of one touch point!

The day of the single threaded UI may be approaching its end.

Ben

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Jun 18 2007, 12:58 PM)

Ouch!

I was hired to fix an app developed by someone else. (so, no big deal!) but the other devloper was THERE when I was doing it. He wanted to code it like it was ladder logic. It drove me nuts when he would move the mouse while I was in the middle of a change.

The best way I found to explain this situation to my wife was to get her to watch the "Personal Navigator" comercial (left, left, left!).

Ben

QUOTE(Ben @ Jun 18 2007, 10:19 AM)

I was hired to fix an app developed by someone else. (so, no big deal!) but the other devloper was THERE when I was doing it. He wanted to code it like it was ladder logic. It drove me nuts when he would move the mouse while I was in the middle of a change.

In a multi-threaded UI, the other developer would have his own mouse and cursor which would be seperate from your own. This would allow you to truly work in parallel (and not be driven nuts, hopefully) ;)

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Jun 18 2007, 02:01 PM)

In a multi-threaded UI, the other developer would have his own mouse and cursor which would be seperate from your own. This would allow you to truly work in parallel (and not be driven nuts, hopefully) ;)

OK.

I can see a positive when I look at how well I can function with the right partner. You know, the buddy who has the hammer waiting before you even ask.

Ben

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Jun 18 2007, 11:50 PM)

Imagine pair programming with your boss.

That's rough right?

Now add to that the fact that it's Jim Kring...

Welcome to my world! :wacko:

Wow boy! I ain't going there! If I did the next thing you know, I would be telling I had to get up a three in the morning (an hour before I went to bed), ate poison for breakfast and had to lick the road clean with my tongue (paraphrase of Monty Python skit).

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

And, here's a funny spoof...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>