DOll Home

I am doing security system for home , when you open the door , labview will require password to make sure of safety , 20 seconds time for entering password if the door opened and 20 second passed then system will alarm , if user does not enter password correctly , three trails are allowed , then system will alarm and all emergency lights inside the home will be on . All of those are working successfully with small switch and LED's to labview , but I could not find any safety in this system I want to add one feature , if the password correct , then the door will be opened automatically , is it doable ? I need DC motor ???? I am using doll home to be interfaced with LabVIEW. Sorry for inconvenience

I am not entirely clear on whether you are planning on making a security system for a real home or for a doll house, but in any case, the application you are describing is a simple one. If you don't know how to do it, you should not be building production systems (especially not security related ones).

Instead, you should start by searching the web for some LabVIEW tutorials or you can call NI and see about joining one of their courses.

This will be overkill to use a motor controller. If you just want to flip a door open on a doll house, the easiest way is to use a relay. I would rig the door on a spring tension mechanism that is kept closed on a latch. Popping the latch would unlock it and the spring tension mechanism would do all the work of opening the door. You could use cheap digital IO hardware to control the relay. You used to be able to buy $50 DAQ hardware from MCCDAQ but the NI acquisition caused all their prices to go up. So much for competition. :(

QUOTE(Nullllll @ Jun 24 2007, 07:07 AM)

<br />i want 2 open the Barbi dor by labview , have my daq card i have digital I/O , but the door is small , how can i open it by relay?<br /> THE OUTPUT OF RELAY GOES TO WHAT?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Has the door of your home any mechanisme to control it at all???? I mean this is the most basic question and I haven't seen mentioning you anything in detail about that fact yet. You ask about if you should use a motor, yes and that tells me it hasn't such a mechanisme built in so maybe you should try to contact the tech workshop at your place first and talk with them about the mechanical construction to allow your door to be opened at all. Then when they have given you a solution to open that door somehow we can talk further about how to control it from LabVIEW.

Rolf Kalbermatter