Anchor Property to Panel objects

QUOTE(dcooper @ Jul 24 2007, 11:44 AM)

Please add some sort of resizing option like the anchor property in .NET so I can specify how each front panel object is to be resized when the front panel resizes.

The current options such as "Scale object with pane" just doesn't cut it.

I have to admit that I have not tried that option again since it completely trashed a BV 2.1 GUI years ago.

In your case, would "grouping" objects be of any use?

Ben

QUOTE(dcooper @ Jul 24 2007, 08:44 AM)

Please add some sort of resizing option like the anchor property in .NET so I can specify how each front panel object is to be resized when the front panel resizes.

The current options such as "Scale object with pane" just doesn't cut it.

I agree, this is a nice idea. In the meantime perhaps you can try splitting up your panel into panes. This gives you some control.

I thought about creating an engine for doing this myself (i.e. each object could be anchored to each corner horizontally or vertically and could have its private resize settings), but when I figured out how much work it would be to handle this for each class I basically gave it up (and that's even before mentioning that there were some things that would have to be worked around).

The basic concept was that the resize\anchor settings would be stored in tags and the engine would read them and control the resizing of all the objects.