Tabbing across fields in an enum deletes values

eaolson

When using the Tab key to move from value to value in the Edit Items screen for an enum, ring, or menu ring, LabVIEW will sometimes delete the previous value. Happens in 8.20 and 8.2.1.

1. Put an enum on the front panel

2. Right-click and select Edit Items

3. Click the first entry to get a cursor in the Items column.

4. Type the first text, say "a".

5. Type Tab to go to the second entry.

6. Type the second text, say "b".

7. Type Tab to go to the third entry.

8. Type the third text, say "c".

9. Type Tab to go to the fourth entry.

10. Type the fourth text, say "d".

11. Type Tab to go to the fifth entry.

The error appears. The third text string is now blank and the Digital Display column for the third and fourth entry is also blank. The cursor has moved to line 5, but the row is greyed out as if it were still inactive. When starting with an empty enum, this seems to consistently happen when tabbing from the fourth entry to the fifth. When tabbing around in an enum that already has values in it, it only seems to happen at the end of the list and it starts adding new values.

This doesn't happen using the Enter key in steps 5, 7, 9, and 11 above.

CAR # 4BO8IDYT.

Confirmed here. Seems like it gets "confused" as to where to put the next line because if you keep adding more values, the number of blank lines keeps increasing and you end up with a long list a lot of blank lines in it. I never came across this bug because I usually use shift-enter to add item (bypassing the need for the dialog if I'm populating a new control).

That's a "funny" bug.

I almost always enter the values direct from the front panel by pressing shift-enter after you entered a value,

that will go to the next element right away without having to right click and select "Add item after".

//Mikael