Agilent VEE Pro 7.5 and LabVIEW 8.0

karthik

Hello Friends,

Since one of my customer has License for both Agilent VEE Pro 7.5 and LabVIEW 8.0,I have been asked to make a document which List out advantages and disadvantages of this graphical languages. I know it is a worst thing to do on earth but I don't have any choice (Do or Die).I have captured some points but I just want to post this question with a hope that there is someone at other end who can help me. Please forgive me if you think I have asked irrelevant question.

Regards,

Karthik SP

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Aug 18 2007, 05:33 AM)

You could try to contact Dennis Knutson about this post.

The things I've seen about VEE (which is limited) is that it's like a graphical language with too much text....

Try to get an advanced VEE programmer and do a contest (be ready to loose if the VEE user is very advanced)

On the NI forums their are a lot of discussions

One of the statements is that VEE-use is quite coupled to Agilent hardware

One thing to notice such a comparison can only be rightly done based on a specific application. So you can search the specific items for an application (like hardware control, user interface, distributability).

One thing we built with LabVIEW is a train security system on a CRIO system.

After three demos (one on XP embedded, two on LabVIEW RT) we are now porting to an embedded controller by a C-programmer but if we had to do it again I would have looked at LabVIEW embedded.

Ton

• 4 weeks later...

It depends on what the application is supposed to do. LabVIEW has the advantage of being used by a very large community and applied to a very wide range of problems. The questions to ask in my opinion are: What type of problems have been solved with it? To which platforms does it compile? How big is the VEE user base?

Good luck!

Adriaan.

• 1 year later...

Hello Karthik

Will your coustomer be interested in selling the VEE Pro 7.5? If yes - your coustomer can contact me here: hanserikiversen@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Hans

QUOTE (karthik @ Aug 17 2007, 02:06 PM)

Hello Friends,

Since one of my customer has License for both Agilent VEE Pro 7.5 and LabVIEW 8.0,I have been asked to make a document which List out advantages and disadvantages of this graphical languages. I know it is a worst thing to do on earth but I don't have any choice (Do or Die).I have captured some points but I just want to post this question with a hope that there is someone at other end who can help me. Please forgive me if you think I have asked irrelevant question.

Regards,

Karthik SP

QUOTE (karthik @ Aug 17 2007, 09:06 AM)

Hello Friends,

Regards,

Karthik SP

One thing I have noticed is that at some point Agilent, then still HP was marketing Vee rather agressively trying to get every LabVIEW account they could. This has changed a lot in the last 8 years. Now they try to market it together with their devices to Agilent shops (customers heavily using Agilent devices) mostly and seem to have abandoned most other venues to sell it. As such it would seem to me to have a rather limited user base. It certainly is second to none if you only have to deal with Agilent devices and like the way you have to think and program in Vee, but for most anything else it has no advantages to LabVIEW and IMO, a lot of disadvantages, but it's been a long time since I played with an evalution version of it.

Rolf Kalbermatter