"Save All (this Class)" saves VIs outside of the class

Maybe I don't understand the intended behavior of the "Save All (this Class)" feature (which is available as a right-click option on an LVClass in the Project Explorer). It appears to sometimes save VIs that are outside of the class (in my case, it saved some VIs in a child class). I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that this feature would only save VIs that are members of the class (and no other VIs -- not even child classes). Can anyone, shed some light on this feature? It doesn't seem to be described anywhere in the LabVIEW help.

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Sep 10 2007, 05:19 PM)

Maybe I don't understand the intended behavior of the "Save All (this Class)" feature (which is available as a right-click option on an LVClass in the Project Explorer). It appears to sometimes save VIs that are outside of the class (in my case, it saved some VIs in a child class). I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that this feature would only save VIs that are members of the class (and no other VIs -- not even child classes). Can anyone, shed some light on this feature? It doesn't seem to be described anywhere in the LabVIEW help.

It saves all the subVIs of any VI that is in the class too, if I recall correctly. So if you've got a VI in one class that calls VIs in another class, those other VIs would get saved. I didn't put that function together, but that's my memory of how it works.

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Sep 10 2007, 07:18 PM)

It saves all the subVIs of any VI that is in the class too, if I recall correctly. So if you've got a VI in one class that calls VIs in another class, those other VIs would get saved. I didn't put that function together, but that's my memory of how it works.

Can you confirm whether or not it saves child classes? IMO it should not save child classes -- that's a little bit upside-down (I think). Hmmm, I think that this could possibly be caused by LabVIEW thinking that some child class dynamic method VIs are subVIs of the parent class. I haven't done much testing to confirm this (I only noticed it once earlier today). But, now it's way too late for me to still be at work, so I'm going to sleep on it...

Thanks,

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Sep 10 2007, 09:48 PM)

Can you confirm whether or not it saves child classes?

I created a simple test project and "Save All (this Class)" on the parent class did not save VIs in the child class unless those VIs were referenced by VIs in the parent class. I think AQ's description of the functionality is correct.