OpenG "File Locate in Project" tool v1.0 released

Jim Kring

Hello Everyone,

There is a new OpenG tool called "File Locate in Project" library (ogedit_file_locate_in_project) available. This package adds a File>>Locate in Project option to the LabVIEW menu. When you select this menu option from the menu of a VI's Front Panel or Block Diagram, the VI will be highlighted in the Project Explorer window.

post-17-1189897331.png?width=400

See here for more info.

You can download+install this and other OpenG libraries using VI Package Manager.

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Sep 16 2007, 11:15 PM)

Would be perfect if it had a keyboard shortcut.

Unfortunately, there is no way to assign a keyboard shortcut to a dynamically added menu-item (e.g., those menu options that appear because you add a menu-launch VI to the wizard, project, or help folder). I tried filing this as a bug during a beta, a while back, but it was rejected :( Maybe I should try re-submitting it as a feature request.

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Sep 17 2007, 08:13 AM)

Unfortunately, there is no way to assign a keyboard shortcut to a dynamically added menu-item (e.g., those menu options that appear because you add a menu-launch VI to the wizard, project, or help folder). I tried filing this as a bug during a beta, a while back, but it was rejected :( Maybe I should try re-submitting it as a feature request.

Sun of a gun. I just checked... You CAN assign a shortcut key. :thumbup:

I've assigned File>>Locate in Project... to Ctrl+Shift+E, which is not assigned to anything and is very similar in behavior to Ctrl+E for toggling between Front Panel and Block Diagram (when selected from a VI) and for toggling between Items view and Files view (when selected from the Project Explorer)

Hmmm... this shows up in LabVIEW.ini as the following:

CustomShortcuts=";APP_WIZARDS,Ctrl+Shift+E"

It appears that that the Custom Shortcuts is only available for the first item, alphabetically, in the wizard folder -- this is the "APP_WIZARDS" item. For example, I have a "Rename Folder of VIs..." option that is not even shown in the Custom Shortcuts dialog.

QUOTE(tcplomp @ Sep 17 2007, 09:13 AM)

Yes, you are right. This must be one of the meanest pranks NI has played on us. :nono: "Hey look, I can assign shortcut keys"... "oh, wait, they're gone" HaHaHa, fooled ya suckas!

QUOTE(dsaunders @ Sep 17 2007, 09:11 AM)

Yep, I found that out http://forums.lavag.org/Homing-a-front-panel-t8947.html&view=findpost&p=34914' target="_blank">just recently. :angry:

You may also notice that the "Open..." item in the menu shortcut selection list is where this "bug/feature" slipped in.