CVS Remote Panels

ASTDan

Hello,

I am trying to do something very simple but am having a lot of problems. I am trying to view a VI on a Compact Vision System using Remote panels. I have followed the instuctions using this link.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7FE...625723E000D928E

When I do all that I get the following screen on my Web browser. Basically the front panel is not downloading. Has anyone seen this before?

Please help me

QUOTE(ASTDan @ Sep 20 2007, 09:37 PM)

Hi Dan,

Just saw your email today;

things to check:

1 Is your VI actually running?

2 Is the web-server on the CVS enabled?

3 Is your front panel very complicated with multiple image displays etc? (try first with a simple 1 second loop with a boolean flash)

4 Can you see the front panel if you access the front panel from LV? i.e not using a web browser. LV>Operate>Connect to Remote Panel

5 The web browser is a lower priority task, is your VI running very high priority? It will block the web server from publishing the web page.

6 The CVS has very little RAM, and as such if your code is using a lot of image buffers etc, it may have trouble with the web stuff.

7 Did you place the frontpanel.htm file in the required spot on the CVS?

8 Is your loop rate very high? (i.e. enough time for webserver to publish the panel?)

9 Does your front panel.htm actually match the latest version of your code? (I seem to remember that this didn't matter in the past, but check to make sure anyway)?

With some of the versions of LV there was a bug where image displays on a front panel didn't update when viewed remotely. It is fixed with LV 8.5 and Vision 8.5. But didn't work with the previous version of Vision; but worked with the version prior to that & not before etc etc.. quite annoying when a "fixed" bug appeared again! Even having the image display on the front panel caused all the other indicators and controls to be affected where only some updated and others didn't.

I usually view remote panels through LV and avoid the web browser route. I have a vision application on PXI running LV-RT; everything has been running fine since atleast LV7 and Vision 7 (except for the Image display issue); currently on LV 8.5+Vision 8.5.

Neville.

Hello Nevile

1. Yep

2. Yep

3. I have a very simple VI that just toggles a digital line and counts the number of while loop executions

4. Yes. That is a cool feature. Didn't know it was there before.

5. VI is running on normal priority

6. I have a very simple VI right now. My actual VI might have a problem. 1 problem at a time : )

7. I think so it is under ni-rt\System\www

8. No my loop rate is 250 ms

9. Yes I used the web publishing tool recently

I tried running using LabVIEW 8.2.1 and LabVIEW 8.0. I haven't tried yet using LabVIEW 8.5. Sounds like that might be the next route. If you have any more ideas I can try really quick before I go through the 1/2 day LabVIEW install it would be appreciated!

Dan

QUOTE(Neville D @ Sep 24 2007, 05:03 PM)

Hi Dan,

Just saw your email today;

things to check:

1 Is your VI actually running?

2 Is the web-server on the CVS enabled?

3 Is your front panel very complicated with multiple image displays etc? (try first with a simple 1 second loop with a boolean flash)

4 Can you see the front panel if you access the front panel from LV? i.e not using a web browser. LV>Operate>Connect to Remote Panel

5 The web browser is a lower priority task, is your VI running very high priority? It will block the web server from publishing the web page.

6 The CVS has very little RAM, and as such if your code is using a lot of image buffers etc, it may have trouble with the web stuff.

7 Did you place the frontpanel.htm file in the required spot on the CVS?

8 Is your loop rate very high? (i.e. enough time for webserver to publish the panel?)

9 Does your front panel.htm actually match the latest version of your code? (I seem to remember that this didn't matter in the past, but check to make sure anyway)?

With some of the versions of LV there was a bug where image displays on a front panel didn't update when viewed remotely. It is fixed with LV 8.5 and Vision 8.5. But didn't work with the previous version of Vision; but worked with the version prior to that & not before etc etc.. quite annoying when a "fixed" bug appeared again! Even having the image display on the front panel caused all the other indicators and controls to be affected where only some updated and others didn't.

I usually view remote panels through LV and avoid the web browser route. I have a vision application on PXI running LV-RT; everything has been running fine since atleast LV7 and Vision 7 (except for the Image display issue); currently on LV 8.5+Vision 8.5.

Neville.

QUOTE(ASTDan @ Sep 25 2007, 03:31 PM)

Yes I have the appropiate runtime enginee on the PC DanHere are the files I am working with. Maybee you can take a quick look and see if I have a setting that is goofed.

Hello,

I just wanted to post this for posterity.

After going back and forth with NI we finally solved the problem. It seems that I have a problem with the LabVIEW runtime engine on my computer. The LabVIEW runtime engine is installed and runs executables but for some reason the remote panel web browser does not work on my specific machine. NI is looking into why this is the case and I will post their response.

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan,

sorry I didn't try out your posted VI earlier. I don't have a CVS handy and since your code used CVI specific FPGA calls, I would have had to build a different little test VI and try it out on my PXI, but I have been very busy with projects lately and never got around to try that out.

Good luck with NI's trouble-shooting.

Neville.