Subroutine priority bug in LV 8.5

AutoMeasure

One of my old apps did not work correctly after I upgraded from LV 8.2.1 to 8.5. I discovered that an array processing subVI was outputting empty arrays. I had it running as 'subroutine' priority because it runs many times a second and is calculation-intensive. I changed it to 'high' priority and turned on Allow Debugging, and then it worked correctly. Then I saw that checking or unchecking Allow Debugging makes the difference.

I deleted parts of the VI until all that was left were the parts that made the bug occur. The resulting VI is attached. If you run it with Allow Debugging checked, it outputs and graphs a sine wave. If you run it with Allow Debugging unchecked, it outputs an empty array. Funny that the VI needs all those parts and arrangement for the bug to show!

Reported to NI. (will post CAR # later)

Confirmed here. In fact, if I uncheck "Allow Debugging", run it (doesn't work), then re-check "Allow Debugging", it still doesn't work. This may be 2 bugs - one which causes the incorrect behaviour when "Allow Debugging" is unchecked, and another due to constant folding which "remembers" the incorrect array after "Allow Debugging" is re-checked.

Jaegen