RPM Meter

karthik

Hello,

Can anybody please tell me how to customize a meter to get a RPM meter which I have attached with this post.It is a simple control which we generally see in cars or bikes to display RPM value.It starts from 0 to 30 and changes its colour depending on which slot it belongs.For example 0 to 5 it has to display green and from 20 to 30 it has to display red.Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karthik

LabVIEW 8.2.1

QUOTE(karthik @ Sep 18 2007, 03:34 AM)

Hello,

Can anybody please tell me how to customize a meter to get a RPM meter which I have attached with this post.It is a simple control which we generally see in cars or bikes to display RPM value.It starts from 0 to 30 and changes its colour depending on which slot it belongs.For example 0 to 5 it has to display green and from 20 to 30 it has to display red.Thanks in advance.

I am afraid if you want to have a meter that looks exactly like the one in your image that you are going to have to do a lot of low level coding. Either that or buy an ActiveX control of the kind you want.

In other words, you are going to have to write code that turns on and off the individual pixels you want.

QUOTE(Ben @ Sep 18 2007, 11:49 PM)

Adding to above...

THe color ramp values and colors can be changed on the fly.

So do the customizing as outlined.

Hide the needle

Code up the ramp color changes

You are there!

Ben

Hello Ben,

Thanks for your reply.Can you please mention how to change the colours of the meter grid programatically based on input value?

Karthik SP