Copy File function changed

This is not a bug, just a change of how the Copy function works.

The Copy function don't support files in the LLB any more.

Does that mean that LLB's soon are unsupported ;)

I got quite :wacko: when my application stopped working when I recompiled it to 8.5

post-941-1191456372.png?width=400

//Mikael

QUOTE(MikaelH @ Oct 4 2007, 02:08 AM)

This is not a bug, just a change of how the Copy function works.

The Copy function don't support files in the LLB any more.

Does that mean that LLB's soon are unsupported ;)

Well if I was NI I wouldn't know any other way to get rid of LLB's other than to stop supporting them.

LLB's are evil. They destroy hierarchy to flat level. They are terrible with file corruption. And you can't store anything but VIs and CTLs in them (or actually NI can...). Yeah, they are really bad.

But... well... they are very convenient to put stuff in compactly. And they are very fast. And they rule with tools. I'll have a hard time living without LLB's.

Joris

QUOTE(MikaelH @ Oct 3 2007, 07:08 PM)

The File I/O functions have never worked with files in LLBs. The confusion is that the documentation was updated to actually make that clear (ironic, huh?).

As far as what can go into LLBs, in addition to VIs and CTLs, you can have project libraries (.lvlib) in LLBs as well.

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Oct 4 2007, 11:07 AM)

I wouldn't say that File I/O functions never worked with LLBs -- a few of them do. For example, the File Exists? function works with LLBs (although I think there is/was a bug that prevented it from doing when running from a built application).

http://lavag.org/old_files/monthly_10_2007/post-17-1191513865.png' target="_blank">post-17-1191513865.png?width=400

And, I'm sure Mikael's probably right about the change in behavior of his application that used the Copy primitive ;)

Also, don't forget that you can store LabVIEW class (.lvclass) and xnode (.xnode) files inside LLBs, too, as well at run time menu (.rtm) files and a few other esoteric LabVIEW file types.

Cheers,

-Jim

I should have been more clear. The File I/O functions (primitives) don't work with LLBs. Some of the File I/O VIs do. And I should have said project libraries and their variants (lvclass, etc.). Thanks for cleaning up my mess, Jim :thumbup:

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Oct 4 2007, 06:07 PM)

QUOTE(gmart @ Oct 4 2007, 07:14 PM)

I should have been more clear. The File I/O functions (primitives) don't work with LLBs. Some of the File I/O VIs do. And I should have said project libraries and their variants (lvclass, etc.). Thanks for cleaning up my mess, Jim :thumbup:

Why is everyone always forgetting XControls?

:question:

Ton