Webcam without need for NI Vision?

QUOTE(zappa2 @ Oct 31 2007, 09:24 PM)

The Hytek Automation toolkit is pretty damn comrephensive for $399. If all you want to do is acquire and display, I agree that NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras is the way to go, or you might want to try Pete Perente's drivers - they're old and unsupported, but might do what you want with a bit of twiddling.

QUOTE(crelf @ Oct 31 2007, 02:53 PM)

The Hytek Automation toolkit is pretty damn comrephensive for $399. If all you want to do is acquire and display, I agree that NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras is the way to go, or you might want to try Pete Perente's drivers - they're old and unsupported, but might do what you want with a bit of twiddling.

Thnx Crelf,

but I tried installing NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras and it keeps asking for NI Vision or the Vision Assitant that needs to be installed first.

So can't even install Ni-IMAQ for USB Cameras.

But maybe there is a way around this?

ZITAT(crelf @ Oct 31 2007, 02:53 PM)

@crelf: NO, we already had the discussion about NI-IMAQ for USB (see link below).

ZITAT(zappa2 @ Oct 31 2007, 03:48 PM)

and it keeps asking for NI Vision or the Vision Assitant that needs to be installed first.

So can't even install Ni-IMAQ for USB Cameras.

But maybe there is a way around this?

NO, noway around.

As already quoted in the link above (http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?showtopic=8441&view=findpost&p=32005) the NI-IMAQ for USB cameras will only work together WITH the Vision toolkit.

The IVision library will work with most USB-webcams. Give it a try, the download is free, and it will run for sometime.

Jens

ZITAT(Karissap @ Oct 31 2007, 11:27 PM)

I created this example in the code repository USB continuous acquire I used a Logitech webcam. At the time when I created it I didn't have the vision toolkit, I only used the free IMAQ drivers and the free NI IMAQ for USB drivers.

Interesting. Unfortunately my experience is completely different. Currently I do have installed LV8.2.1, which comes with NI-IMAQ-driver version 3.7.1. Still I cannot install the NI-USB-driver without the VISION package (as it is also stated on NI.com). Perhaps you had a version, where it was possible, but the current version always requires the NI Vision package to be installed.

Jens