Joint 2 Bytes

QUOTE(neB @ Oct 31 2007, 07:31 PM)

Your question is a little like asking "Will a bolt work for an automobile?"

Sure, if you use it correctly.

Try it out and if you have trouble, post an image of your code and we'll take a closer look.

Ben

I found a better way to do this... i'll use just 1 byte. I'll do this conversion in the firmware of the uC.

Thanks.

QUOTE(hooovahh @ Nov 5 2007, 05:47 PM)

This may show my LabVIEW immaturity but I didn't know that operation existed. Previously I would convert the numbers to strings, concatenate the strings, then convert back to the number.

Thanks hooovahh! I'll use this idea about 'concatenate the strings' in another problem...

I just decided to use 8 bits at a rate of 17820ksps. I guess it's enough to sample a 60Hz signal.

Thanks Anyway.

By the way, i'm having troubles converting the string buffer from the read VISA VI, into a number (a voltage especifically). I'm doing the right conversion (i guess) but the final number is totally different from the real one, that i read from windows hyperterminal. Here goes the project. If anybody have any idea, please tell me. Tthanks a lot.