Timed loops are all broken

Everything was going along fine - life was good. I was happily wiring on one project. I called up a project that was fine last time I edited it. Now all of the timed loops in it are broken. The error says the Governing Library is broken. I called up another project - same problem. Did aliens attack my PC? I can't figure out what happened. I rebooted, but it didn't help. Has anyone seen this? I suppose I need to reload LV (8.5) - although not the new one that just came. The warning letter is pretty ominous.

George

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Dec 11 2007, 04:39 PM)

The warning letter is about the *driver CD*, not LV. The LV on those CDs is exactly the same LabVIEW that was on the August CD -- we haven't released any LV patches/versions since then.

I'm on SSP and just received some CDs in the mail and they were labeled "Fourth Quarter" or something like that (I don't have them with me currently while I'm traveling). Was this not some form of "update"?

QUOTE(Val Brown @ Dec 11 2007, 10:23 PM)

I'm on SSP and just received some CDs in the mail and they were labeled "Fourth Quarter" or something like that (I don't have them with me currently while I'm traveling). Was this not some form of "update"?

Specifically some of the components on the Driver CDs/DVD was updated and Upgrading them can mess up your MAX configuration and cause "bodily harm and death". I found this last one quite entertaining but I guess that is American cautioness. Otherwise someone installing this in a life support system (which you are strongly adviced to not do with any NI material in all NI manuals) could cause some serious casualties. :o

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE(george seifert @ Dec 12 2007, 08:36 AM)

OK, guys I need to get serious and back on track, please. I just repaired LV (8.5) overnight and rebooted. My VIs are still broken. Not only do I get the "The Governing Library is broken" for the timed loop, now I'm getting it on other built in VIs. What the heck is going on? I need to get this fixed.

Sorry, I've never seen these errors and if a LabVIEW repair didn't help, hmmm! Maybe try to do a device driver repair too?The timed loop goes deep into the system and and could depend on some low level NI device drivers that might have gotten belly up.

Rolf Kalbermatter

This problem has taken an odd twist. I removed LV and DAQmx, reinstalled and finally got everything working. Now after loading the project I was working on the last time before I noticed the timed loops problem, the same thing happened again. There are no timed loops in this project and the only thing different about this project is that I make some IMAQ calls (none of my other projects use IMAQ). After closing this project and loading one that uses timed loops I get the same error about relating to the timed loops. :throwpc:

How could loading a project corrupt my LV files? I'm going to keep investigating, but any insights about how this kind of corruption can occur would be most welcome.

George

I think I can put this to bed. It's not IMAQ. I'm pretty sure it's some VIs that I got from a consultant. I wasn't sure I had opened them the first time this happened, but I must have. The stuff they sent is a horrendous mess and fortunately I don't think I'll have to open it again.Thanks to all who chimed in. I know it was a difficult thing to try to debug.George