Program Expiration Period

Good Day!

Can someone give me a sample code on how to make a trial period for my program?. My Idea is i want to read the processor number or board number of the cpu that the program has been installed. Then from that i want to generate a corresponding serial for it. Any idea for a trial period time will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance and more power to LAVA :worship: .

QUOTE(Kyuubi™ @ Jan 17 2008, 08:30 PM)

Good Day!

Can someone give me a sample code on how to make a trial period for my program?. My Idea is i want to read the processor number or board number of the cpu that the program has been installed. Then from that i want to generate a corresponding serial for it. Any idea for a trial period time will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance and more power to LAVA :worship: .

The way I've done this has been to write a date stamp to a binary file, which can be deeply embedded in other binary "junk" so that the file is quasi-encrypted. This file is the date of installation + n time. Then just have the program look at that file and compare it to the current date to see if the "trial" period (n time) has elapsed.

QUOTE(BrokenArrow @ Jan 21 2008, 12:42 PM)

The way I've done this has been to write a date stamp to a binary file, which can be deeply embedded in other binary "junk" so that the file is quasi-encrypted. This file is the date of installation + n time. Then just have the program look at that file and compare it to the current date to see if the "trial" period (n time) has elapsed.

Hi

I solved it like this:

1) I start by generating a Hardware specific key.

-You can use the window GUI if you're running on a windows platform, this could be done via the registry VIs.

-You can use the modify date of the LabVIEW.exe file, this will be the date you installed LabVIEW and 99.999% unique.

2) I created a small perl web-page that is connected to a mysql database.

And then to activate the trail period, my LV application queries the web-page like this: www.mysite.com/CheckTrail.pl?HwKey=A75BE32F90115

The web page checks the database if this Hardware Key, already has activated it or not and return 0 or 1 that LabVIEW reads back.

Cheers,

Mikael

QUOTE(BrokenArrow @ Jan 21 2008, 09:42 AM)

Thanks for the reply :) . That's the initial solution that i did. works fine but i want to have a activation + unique hardware ID of the pc.

QUOTE(MikaelH @ Jan 21 2008, 12:14 PM)

Hi

I solved it like this:

1) I start by generating a Hardware specific key.

-You can use the window GUI if you're running on a windows platform, this could be done via the registry VIs.

-You can use the modify date of the LabVIEW.exe file, this will be the date you installed LabVIEW and 99.999% unique.

And then to activate the trail period, my
LV
application queries the web-page like this: www.mysite.com/CheckTrail.pl?HwKey=A75BE32F90115

The web page checks the database if this Hardware Key, already has activated it or not and return 0 or 1 that LabVIEW reads back.

Cheers,

Mikael

thanks for the solution :D . can you post a samble code on how to get a unique hardware specific key via registry VI? like for example the processor or board ID?. Thanks and more power!!! :D

• 1 month later...

QUOTE(MikaelH @ Jan 20 2008, 11:14 PM)

And then to activate the trail period, my LV application queries the web-page like this: www.mysite.com/CheckTrail.pl?HwKey=A75BE32F90115

Couldn't your user figure out via the firewall where it was querying, change their dns config to point to a simple webpage that just gives the 1 ?

Just a thought.