Ask for recommendation when building the DSC VI Server in LV 8.5

Hi everybody,

I would like to ask you for recommendation to build the DSC VI server in LabVIEW 8.5.

I would like to make a VI Server which controls 6 similar devices. In each device I have multiple controls, indicators. I think about building the clusters which will group these variables together so I have only to build one time. After deploying the server, I will have only some of shared variables instead of thousand of separate shared variables. This is a big server which will control and monitor thousand of variables.

The idea is I don't know if it will be convenient to control a signal or read a sensor's parameter or not.

This is the reason why I want to ask for your recommendations before I try it myself.

Thank you so much for your time.

Thang Nguyen

QUOTE(Thang Nguyen @ Feb 5 2008, 11:52 AM)

Hi everybody,

I would like to ask you for recommendation...This is a big server which will control and monitor thousand of variables.

I have been watching the forums for anyone claiming to be able to handle thousands of I/O points using "Shared Varaibles" and can't recall seeing such a claim. So I still see the SV as a new un-tested technology so the best advise I can offer is...

Benchmark all of critacal interactions early in your development. Better to find out ahead of time rather than later.

Ben