Hello everyone.

Neonuro

I am new to LAVA and haven't worked with LabVIEW in a long time (it was version 5.x at the time).

Now I am retired and I am working with my own copy of the student version 8.5 package. There are some personal projects that I never had time for before.

LAVA is a fantastic resource and I can't believe how far LabVIEW has gone!

Thanks again for just being here.

QUOTE (Neonuro @ Mar 12 2008, 12:25 PM)

I am new to LAVA and haven't worked with LabVIEW in a long time (it was version 5.x at the time).

LAVA is a fantastic resource and I can't believe how far LabVIEW has gone!

Welcome to LAVA!

If you have not used LV since version 5.X then have two words for you.

"Control references"

You will love them and everything that hangs off of them.

Ben

QUOTE (neB @ Mar 12 2008, 01:51 PM)

If you have not used LV since version 5.X then have two words for you. "Control references" You will love them and everything that hangs off of them.

obiwan-785021.jpg

Like all cool things in LabVIEW: Use them wisely.

While control references give us a lot of power, with power comes responsbility. Control references make for loosely-defined unit boundaries which makes unit testing challenging. That said, it might not be an issue for you if you're just playing around with some personal projects :)

QUOTE (Neonuro @ Mar 12 2008, 06:25 PM)

QUOTE (crelf @ Mar 12 2008, 07:23 PM)

While control references give us a lot of power, with power comes responsbility. Control references make for loosely-defined unit boundaries which makes unit testing challenging. That said, it might not be an issue for you if you're just playing around with some personal projects
:)

Welcome,

Well home projects, LabVIEW and power scream Domotica, I wouldn't tell my insurance company I am switching my dish-washer, lighting system and the vacuum cleaner with a home-built device.

Ton