Context help for items in the palettes draws funky LV Classes wires

Tomi! Jim! I feel like you let me down! Here it is, 19 months after the release of LabVIEW classes, and only now someone tries to put a LabVIEW class into the palettes?

Don't worry too much -- I'm kicking myself just as much for not noticing this one.

The following bug exists in LV8.2 and 8.5. If you add a VI to the palettes that uses any LabVIEW class other than "LabVIEW Object", the Context Help for that VI, when you hover over it in the palettes, draws a funky 8-pixel wide red and black wire, as shown here:

post-5877-1205504715.png?width=400

QUOTE (Jim Kring @ Mar 14 2008, 10:46 AM)

Wow! That's news to me. I guess that I'm just used to accessing LVClass members from the LabVIEW project environment. I don't really ever think to put them in the palettes.

The only class I've put in the palettes myself is LabVIEW Object, which is built in and so the draw code knows how to draw it. The red/black pattern is just the random pen that happens to get selected when nothing has been specified, drawn at 8 pixels wide, which is the "hey, notice me, there's a problem" width when nothing is specified. ;-)

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Mar 14 2008, 07:36 PM)

The red/black pattern is just the random pen that happens to get selected when nothing has been specified

No it's not very random. I've seen it so many times before, only most on block diagram. ;) I must confess I've not tried to put methods to palette. It's simply so easy to use LV project to drag and drop items on the blog diagram.