Help design a new OpenG VI, Average 1D Array

QUOTE (Norm Kirchner @ Mar 20 2008, 08:13 AM)

Quick, remind me why we don't want to use NI's?

My recollection is that NI's version isn't in the Base version of LabVIEW. Or am I wrong about that? I was pretty sure it wasn't, but it's in a library called baseanly.llb so now I'm not sure :wacko: .

NI's version also doesn't have proper error handling.

Finally, Jim/Chris/myself are using this as sort of a test case to help us improve the OpenG development process. From that perspective, it's a safe, simple problem to tackle.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: After an initial round of comments and discussion, the cadidate contributor (Christopher Relf) and sponsor (Justin Goeres) have revised the functional spec. Here's what the VI currently looks like:

Arithmetic_Mean_Poly_Members.png

This opens up another Public Comment period for you to provide your valuable feedback. We appreciate any thoughts you might have. Please, take a look at the functional spec and let the OpenG developers know what you think, before this VI shows up in your palette :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

The Arithmetic Mean Candidate Functional Spec is now complete, and it has entered its Final Review Period. Comments on the Functional Spec are still welcome, but any issues should be brought up sooner rather than later.

The Initial Review Period for the Arithmetic Mean Candidate Technical Spec has now begun. Anyone who's interested is invited to look at the Technical Spec page and offer comments here. This is the time to bring up any issues or concerns you have with the actual implementation of the function.

There is currently one major Open Issue with the technical spec that needs to be settled:

Arithmetic_Mean_(1D)_-_Block_Diagram.png

The current implementation uses the top option in the figure. How important is it to avoid this copy? Note that one of the Key Technical Requirements is high performance.

Please join in on the discussion, here:

http://forums.openg.org/index.php?showtopic=820&st=60