Disable Caps Lock

rkanders

I do like the auto tool, but still quite often end up using TAB to change tool selection. This often leads to pushing Cap Lock instead :throwpc: . Caps Lock also is fairly useless so here are some tips on how to remap it.

http://johnhaller.com/jh/useful_stuff/disable_caps_lock/

I remapped mine to Tab. Tab scancode is 0f, here is .reg file contents that do Caps to Tab remap. Reboot after adding this to the registry (log off/in might work as well)

Reinis

#put this in .reg file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]

"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,0f,00,3a,00,00,00,00,00

QUOTE (crelf @ Mar 20 2008, 08:07 PM)

Me too disabled caps lock and remaped delete to one of the windows buttons on my hp notebook. Del is normally located in the upper right corner on the keyboard.

QUOTE (Anders Björk @ Mar 20 2008, 08:42 PM)

Me too disabled caps lock and remaped delete to one of the windows buttons on my hp notebook. Del is normally located in the upper right corner on the keyboard.

Well that will be a nice experience when someone sits at your computer...

It must be like sitting behind a german computer (entschüldigung) where I tried to type in my password, which contained a 'q' you know under the 1. Uhm, no that's where the 'a' is located...

Ton

QUOTE (tcplomp @ Mar 20 2008, 04:21 PM)

Well that will be a nice experience when someone sits at your computer...

It must be like sitting behind a german computer (entschüldigung) where I tried to type in my password, which contained a 'q' you know under the 1. Uhm, no that's where the 'a' is located...

That must have been a Belgian (AZERTY) keyboard instead. German is QWERTZ

And are you saying you use the Caps Lock at all? For me that is the most useless key on every keyboard and since I use LabVIEW (and have not adapted to auto tool selection) the one that causes probably the single most sh.. exclamations by far.

Rolf Kalbermatter