UI .NET controls

Hi, I would like to make my UI more professional using some .NET controls. In particular, I want to add a status bar like the one of internet explorer: messages, icons, hyperlink and some other functions. I am not an expert in .net controls :( and i am loosing in the very wide number of methods and properties. Is there anyone who developed something like this? Do you know where I can find some code on .net controls?

Thanks a lot.

QUOTE (Altomare @ Jun 19 2008, 08:11 AM)

I want to add a status bar like the one of internet explorer: messages, icons, hyperlink and some other functions.

You can do that using .net controls, but you can also build your own pretty easily in LabVIEW. Have a look at xcontrols.

Thanks, but they are not really windows style. DotNET controls are very nice and I'd like to use them.

I did the status bar in some way (pls, see the picture attached), but I cannot autosize the bar, anchor it on the bottom and so on.

I can find very few example with .NET controls.

Regards

QUOTE (Altomare @ Jun 19 2008, 09:11 AM)

Altomare,

I have always found the http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/' rel='nofollow' target="_blank">MS Developer Network Forum to be quite helpful when hacking at the .NET framework. Also, a good book on the .NET framework is invaluable (and expensive). However, virtually all of the resources out there are in either VB or C#.

I suggest that unless you need to incorporate .NET in LabVIEW (for example, to use the DataGridView control ), you are probably going to save a lot of time and heartache simply mimicking the window features as discussed above. One option is to take screen caps of windows and cut-and-paste components into front panel elements. This would give you a "professional" look without the headaches.

I hope that helps,

--H

QUOTE (Doon @ Jun 20 2008, 10:19 AM)

I suggest that unless you need to incorporate .NET in LabVIEW (for example, to use the DataGridView control ), you are probably going to save a lot of time and heartache simply mimicking the window features as discussed above.

You got me curious enough to take a short gander at the DataGridView. You wouldn't happen to have a simple example of using it?

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (Tim_S @ Jun 20 2008, 11:24 AM)

You got me curious enough to take a short gander at the DataGridView. You wouldn't happen to have a simple example of using it?

Tim

My primary impetus for using DataGridView was to create multi-typed tables. However, if I didn't need to use it, I would not have. My biggest problem with .NET in LabVIEW is the shear number of property and method nodes needed to get anything done (not unlike LV trees).

Unfortunately, I have nothing I can release at this time, sorry. Check back in about a month. :shifty:

-H