A situattion with subpanel

Hi,

I have a situation which I need your recommendation. I have a main VI A which has a subpanel. I have 2 subVI B1 and B2. First of all, I load B1 into the subpanel of A. Now inside the B1 VI, I have a button which call for B2. What I want is when I click on this button, the VI A will load the B2 VI into the subpanel. There is also another button on this B2 VI to turn back to the B1 VI.

My solution is I pass a reference of one trigger button on the main VI, and I try to generate the signal form the B1 VI to inform main VI close the B1 VI itself and load the B2 VI.

I don't know if this solution is a right way to do or not. I am looking for a smatter solution. Currently I am still working on my solution. There is something wrong about the reference and I also get this error message: "The VI is not in a state compatible with this operation."

So I hope you can help me.

THank you so much,

Thang Nguyen

QUOTE (Thang Nguyen @ Jun 19 2008, 07:55 AM)

I don't know if this solution is a right way to do or not. I am looking for a smatter solution. Currently I am still working on my solution. There is something wrong about the reference and I also get this error message: "The VI is not in a state compatible with this operation."

You usually get this error when the VI is already opened (or called as a subVI) and/or it is already running.

I would suggest you simplify your architecture as a first step.

Neville.