Context help display discrepency for custom palette LVOOP VI

I've created a palette with one of my LVOOP classes. After documenting it, I checked with context help and noticed that the class wires were different than in my program. The context help from VI in the block diagram is fine. The one from the palette is wrong (see reference in/out). Can anybody verify/confirm this behavior?

I'm using Windows Vista and running LabVIEW 8.5. The class was programmed using GOOP3 from Endevo, but I checked the problem using a Native LabVIEW class also. The wire display seems always the same from the palette (red & black), whatever its design in the class.

Here are some picts that illustrate the problem.

Correct display:

post-10515-1214191817.jpg?width=400

Incorrect display:

post-10515-1214191825.jpg?width=400

VI names are different. One refers to the VI inside its class (Password.lvclass:Password_Create.vi) and the palette context help gives only the VI name (Password_Create.vi). That's what makes me wonder if it's a bug or just an expected side-effect of referencing my method outside of its class context... Any thoughts? Maybe LabVIEW 9 needs to have lvclass as an option in the Insert Subpalette menu: :thumbup:

post-10515-1214192875.jpg?width=400

a) The context help wires issues is a known bug in 8.5 (and 8.5.1). It will be fixed in the next version of LabVIEW.

b) A class is a library. So is an Xcontrol (.xctl) and a StateChart (.lvsc). The "link to" option should work for any of the library types, even though the radio button explicitly mentions .lvlib. If it doesn't work, let me know.

c) Having said (b), the issue you mention of the palettes showing only the VI name... this is intended behavior. There's no room to display the full name of the VI, with all of its library qualifications. So we only show the VI name and assume that whatever palette layout you're writing will make it obvious from context what library this VI is a part of -- either by its icon or the name of the palette. The "link to" option -- if you used it for a .lvlib -- would not have any effect upon the display name of the VI in the palette.

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Jun 23 2008, 01:17 AM)

I only browsed through the 8.5 buglist... should have checked in 8.2: Funky LV Class wire

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Jun 23 2008, 01:17 AM)

b) A class is a library. So is an Xcontrol (.xctl) and a StateChart (.lvsc). The "link to" option should work for any of the library types, even though the radio button explicitly mentions .lvlib. If it doesn't work, let me know.

Works fine. thanks