My new rig

QUOTE (Justin Goeres @ Jun 24 2008, 02:35 PM)

Wikipedia says http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs#Personal_life' rel='nofollow' target="_blank">those are New Balance 992s. So while you may be cooler than you thought you were, you must always remember that Steve Jobs is still slightly cooler than you. :P

No, wikipedia says he wears New Balance 992s -- I'm pretty sure that those in the picture are 991s. I just looked and the (newer) blue pair that I have are 992s. :P:P

confession... my wife picks out my shoes

QUOTE (Jim Kring @ Jun 24 2008, 02:37 PM)

"team meeting" with "flip flops" - my kinda place! But, grey sneakers are only cool when worn with black socks & khaki shorts :yes:

QUOTE (Justin Goeres @ Jun 24 2008, 03:35 PM)

Which shade?
knows
:D

Hmmm... can't distinguish between chartreuse and chartreuse1 - guess I should have gotten the glossy version :blink:

BTW - I've done oodles of presentations have had no trouble at all connecting to various projectors. Though it does work best to "detect displays" from system preferences in OS X, potentially rearranging the displays and then pop into XP for anything that needs to be done there. Just don't forget the dongle :rolleyes:

QUOTE (nhollenback @ Jun 24 2008, 03:57 PM)

"team meeting" with "flip flops" - my kinda place! But, grey sneakers are only cool when worn with black socks & khaki shorts :yes:

I don't think that my wife would let me leave the house wearing shorts with black socks (I've tried similar things and it set off the security system).

BTW, are you coming to the LAVA/OpenG BBQ again this year, Nancy?

QUOTE (Jim Kring @ Jun 24 2008, 05:10 PM)

I don't think that my wife would let me leave the house wearing shorts with black socks (I've tried similar things and it set off the security system).

BTW, are you coming to the LAVA/OpenG BBQ again this year, Nancy?

LAVA/OpenG BBQ - Definitely planning on it! Was a blast last year. Oh and (admittedly haven't checked) are there LAVA flip-flops that I could don?

(BTW shorts and black socks are mandatory for embarrassing children in public)

QUOTE (crelf @ Jun 24 2008, 07:23 PM)

...Both Nancy and Crystal are contractully obligated to attend the LAVA/OpenG 2008 BBQ, as they are going to model their LAVA g-strings... ;)

OK but will they wear the NewBalance (because they're Sheilas) or the Redback because they've come there to 'kick arse'

Hmmm, maybe I'd better bring some chewing gum just in case....

jeez, seeing how this thread is going I guess I would look pretty square if I said I forgot to mention we've hooked up USB Zebra and BradySoft printers to the MacBook with LabVIEW for Windoze and they worked as well. I did send the Steve pic to my wife who always hassles me for wearing that exact same outfit, but with Mizunos and Asics. Thanks!

cc

QUOTE (Justin Goeres @ Jun 24 2008, 07:25 AM)

I want larger VI icons, too, with 24-bits of color and an 8-bit alpha channel.

QUOTE (Yen @ Jun 24 2008, 10:29 AM)

I want a 16 bit alpha channel on VI icons, just for the hell of it. If I can see 16M colors, I can also see 65K shades of transparency
:)

This is definitely on my list of feature requests. It's time to catch up with the rest of the world in the icon department. Well designed icons make code easier to read (although I would probably waste even more time designing my icons if I had the upgraded features).

• 2 years later...

Hey,

I thought I'd re-awaken this thread just to see how you guys are getting on with your Macbook Pro's ? I'm about to invest in a new laptop and am thinking of a MBP running OS X and WIn 7 (under BootCamp).

Just wonder how you early adopters were getting on. Any issues (I'm not doing any DAQ so only USB , and LAN control of Instruments). Probably going to run LabVIEW under Win and OS X

Thanks

Chris

OK but will they wear the NewBalance (because they're Sheilas) or the Redback because they've come there to 'kick arse'

Neither, I'll wear Teva sandals like always (no socks) because I'm the weird hippy chick from Flagstaff. wink.gif

Edited by xtal