About Russia

As an NCO in the US Air Force I fought in the "Cold War" against you guys. I worked at NORAD. I helped watch for your first strike ... and helped track Santa Clause. But that was a long time ago. I harbor no ill feelings whatsoever to you or your people now. I wish to think that your people and ours are more alike than we are different. My only grave concern is what yours and our political leaders are planning now. Between your government, China and Islam I don't know who to fear more. But over here at LAVA, you're a brother to me, Eugen. :)

QUOTE (PaulG. @ Jul 24 2008, 09:43 PM)

As an NCO in the US Air Force I fought in the "Cold War" against you guys. I worked at NORAD. I helped watch for your first strike ... ... But that was a long time ago. I harbor no ill feelings whatsoever to you or your people now. I wish to think that your people and ours are more alike than we are different. My only grave concern is what yours and our political leaders are planning now. Between your government, China and Islam I don't know who to fear more. But over here at LAVA, you're a brother to me, Eugen. :)

Ditto that!

Ben

(Ex-Fire Control Technician Second Class, and son of BOMARC technician that was mistified why his father was bringing home a rifle. )

QUOTE (Eugen Graf @ Jul 24 2008, 06:48 PM)

please look this site, it's very nice to understand Russia (if you want)

Eugen

Preved Eugen!

Thanks for the link. Is this site actually done by someone who is Russian? I love the wry, self-depricating humor. If this represents how a significant percentage of the Russian people think about their country it is a useful insight. They are a lot like me! I would love to go there some day.