Green Engineering - Blue Engineers!

Frozen blue, that is...

I know I was warned by some posts before NI Week, but I was not prepared for how friggin cold it was in the convention center. Since NI was promoting green engineering, you would think they would try to walk the walk and ask the facility people to set the temp a bit higher! What a waste of power to keep us at 65deg while it was over 100 outside! :(

I thought it was extra poignant that the USA Today outside my hotel room door on Thursday had this article in it:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/workplace/20...nce-rooms_N.htm

Made for an interesting read on the flight home.

Anyhow, maybe we can start a petition to NI to have a reasonable temp setting next year. That would be a good first step toward real green engineering.

(it was also funny that one of the keynotes included an HVAC expert who used LV to improve AC systems! Let's get this guy a contract to fix the Austin convention center's system.)

Otherwise, it was a good first NI Week for me! Hope to see many of you there next year.

-John

I'm with you all the way. I still have a sore throat and sniffles after being so cold in the convention center. And this time I had two sweaters on at all times. I come from a climate where we don't need air conditioners and am so thankful to be home.

QUOTE (LV_FPGA_SE @ Aug 12 2008, 07:42 PM)

That is a great idea! They could have a realtime display on the floor showing just how cold it is in each room so you know what to expect at your upcoming sessions...

Maybe the promo item next year should be a fleese instead of a backback...

I worked on an application which involved measuring temperatures (among other things). During the development and testing phase, the programmer who worked on the connection with the instruments (who used to wear a leather jacket all the time) hooked up a few sensors to test the system. Showing the resulting graph (around 20C\68F) to his boss didn't help and now he works elsewhere. :laugh: