Lab View Interface with Profibus

Megatron

Hi,

I have to interface Lab View with a CIF 50 Hilscher Profibus.

I read through some of the documents provided by Hilscher, it talked about Sys Con, OPC servers etc etc.

Through this profibus i have to control a valve box through RS-485 communication.

The first task is basic read/write.Through lab View i have to read the number of bits through CIF 50 bus in turn to the Valve box.

Can anyone tell me where should i begin?

If you need to do Profibus with Labview then check out:

www.ni.com/profibus

Or

http://www.comsoft.de

QUOTE (Megatron @ Oct 30 2008, 05:57 AM)

Hi,

I have to interface Lab View with a CIF 50 Hilscher Profibus.

I read through some of the documents provided by Hilscher, it talked about Sys Con, OPC servers etc etc.

Through this profibus i have to control a valve box through RS-485 communication.

The first task is basic read/write.Through lab View i have to read the number of bits through CIF 50 bus in turn to the Valve box.

Can anyone tell me where should i begin?

You communicate with the Hilscher card by calling the Cif32dll.dll.

The first step is to call the function DevOpenDriver (stdcall) and input the card device number (you can set up the profibus network in Sycon first). The next step is to call DevInitBoard(), the parameters there is the same device number and a text you can set to N/A. Reading and writing to the bus is done using the DevExchangeIO function:

post-1777-1225459402.png?width=400

Data transfers are done in blocks of 32 bytes typically so you need to split and write or read and join multiple blocks.

You can find details about the dll from Hilscher.