Does emulating God suffice to pass the Turing Test?

QUOTE (HOLY @ Mar 5 2009, 04:17 AM)

ChARLIE

Member No.: 14927... GOD Line resonations of "I am GOD" are found in my Member No.: through the fact that

I=9

am= 14

GOD= 26... total 49.... also notice the 27 resonating all Things through ALn.

1+4+9+27= 23.. and starting in "14" connects "n" to OURTRInITY GOD Line as "n" is not just an EVERLASTInG symbol but is also the 14th letter in our alphabet.

He's baa-aack.

I can't say I read that post (I mean, why would I?), but the word "gematria" caught my eye. For those wondering, it refers to the process of assigning a numeric value to each letter, summing these values and comparing these sums between words, as is demonstrated in that post. I can't say I saw anyone do it English, though. It is actually interesting to note that one of the Hebrew words for "God" also comes up to 26.

QUOTE (Yair @ Mar 5 2009, 12:20 PM)

I can't say I read that post (I mean, why would I?), but the word "gematria" caught my eye. For those wondering, it refers to the process of assigning a numeric value to each letter, summing these values and comparing these sums between words, as is demonstrated in that post. I can't say I saw anyone do it English, though. It is actually interesting to note that one of the Hebrew words for "God" also comes up to 26.

I tried it once!

After watch Bill Clinton's swearing ceremony first his first term in office, I was suprised to learn his middle name was "Jefferson". So I did my best to transliterate William Jefferson Clinton into hebrew (using an appendix in Webster's Unabrdged Dictionary) and did the math. The big question I had was itf it was "valid" to use the letter "yud" (?) for the "J" and wether or not the double "f" warrented two letters or if it should be transliterated as a single character. Indiana Jones indicated my guess about the "yud" was right but still not sure about the double "f". Judging by history I guess I should have only used a single character for the double "f".

Ben

QUOTE (neBulus @ Mar 5 2009, 07:29 PM)

Bill Clinton's swearing ceremony

Which kind of swearing is this? :!:

The answer to both your questions is no. If you used a Yud it would "Yefferson" and the double F is simply replaced with a Pe. The J is accomplished by having a Gimel with an apostrophe. It looks like this (hopefully this is Unicode):

ג'פרסון

P.S. The use of J as a replacement for Yud is only from Hebrew to the languages using the Latin letters, never the other way around. Interestingly, some languages pronounce J differently (e.g. Juan in Spanish, and I believe the Dutch also do this sometimes), so people might have three or four different ways of pronouncing the same word (e.g the name Xavier is also sometimes written as Javier and I wouldn't be surprised if some people pronounce it with a J).

QUOTE (Yair @ Mar 5 2009, 12:50 PM)

Which kind of swearing is this? :!:

The answer to both your questions is no. If you used a Yud it would "Yefferson" and the double F is simply replaced with a Pe. The J is accomplished by having a Gimel with an apostrophe. It looks like this (hopefully this is Unicode):

ג'פרסון

P.S. The use of J as a replacement for Yud is only from Hebrew to the languages using the Latin letters, never the other way around. Interestingly, some languages pronounce J differently (e.g. Juan in Spanish, and I believe the Dutch also do this sometimes), so people might have three or four different ways of pronouncing the same word (e.g the name Xavier is also sometimes written as Javier and I wouldn't be surprised if some people pronounce it with a J).

Thank you Yair!

It has taken me more than 16 years to get an answer to that question.

Ben

• 2 weeks later...