While saving, one or more files loaded into memory and/or were modified...

PJM_labview

QUOTE (PJM_labview @ Dec 17 2008, 03:35 PM)

After doing a "save as>>copy>>create unopened disk copy" I got the following error messages. I am not entirely clear about the meaning of this message.

It looks more like a warning than an error. Translating from English to real English, it says, "I know you asked me to save everything, and I did, but two seconds from now when I claim you still have unsaved changes, please don't write nasty emails to NI Tech Support"

I've gotten this message too and the only way I can see this possible is that if a dependency of that VI somehow got unloaded from memory (which it shouldn't do while the parent VI is open, right?) and when you save, LV had to load that VI back into memory as part of dependency checking nonsense.

Or maybe the 'one or more files' changed on disk between being loaded into memory and this save occuring. Less likely, because instinct tells me LV would just save over the newer version on disk while whistling a merry little tune.

QUOTE (asbo @ Dec 19 2008, 07:01 AM)

I've gotten this message too and the only way I can see this possible is that if a dependency of that VI somehow got unloaded from memory (which it shouldn't do while the parent VI is open, right?) and when you save, LV had to load that VI back into memory as part of dependency checking nonsense.

This was my initial though, but I don't see why doing a "save as>>copy>>create unopened disk copy" would do such a thing.

May be this has something to do with a VI in the clipboard...

PJM

QUOTE (PJM_labview @ Dec 19 2008, 09:12 AM)

This was my initial though, but I don't see why doing a "save as>>copy>>create unopened disk copy" would do such a thing.

May be this has something to do with a VI in the clipboard...

PJM

What about VIs in disabled structures? Normally they are not compiled, but maybe if they are re-saved in another location, then they are touched.