Embedded controller for low cost STM

psi

Our scientific lab wish to construct low cost and simple STM(Scanning Tunnelling Microscopy) for requirements of our laboratory. I now am in process of a select controller for our problem.

I wish controller based on the blackfin or ARM or other (LabVIEW support is necessary)

We need use 1 Channel 16bit ADC and four channel 16bit DAC. Analog In/Out signal Will be feebly varying (up to 1000Hz).

Search has yielded only one suitable result (DSP board), but it is former expensively for me. I ask for any help and advices.

cross post

QUOTE (Neville D @ Feb 5 2009, 10:50 PM)

Why specifically do you want a controller based on those processors? Won't an FPGA based compact RIO controller do?

N.

No problems. Can be FPGA based compact RIO. The main thing, that the price would be up to 1000$, but compact RIO toy expensive for me.

• 3 months later...

QUOTE (psi @ Feb 5 2009, 09:32 PM)

Among scientists is a lot of nuts:

nuts

nuts 1

nuts2

:P

I want controller up to 1000$, but no all stm.

If you have LV RT, you can just convert a pc to a STM controller. and ebaying PCI-6533s, typically $50 on ebay. and get some samples for electronic parts (DAC, ADC, opamp, reference, regulator etc) from TI AD LT etc.. and purchase some passive parts on digikey, newark (cheap!). and use some money for PCB. you can make a powerful STM controller with LV and LVRT. might be cheaper than $1000. and I have the DSP board form softdb with flash memory module, and you can download the source for Debian, you know... I could sell it for $999. hmm cheaper than $1000.

Actually I have a research grade STM controller sets of LV program ( host and RT source..I am proud of this software I made.. it is really cool), electronics (ADC,DAC, feedback, high voltage, current preamp etc. whole electronics, extremely low noise).