Pixelink A622 Compatibility

QUOTE (Vende @ Feb 10 2009, 09:56 AM)

How it is with Pixelink A622? This camera is not compatible with Labview, but I have found some information about Pixelink own software called SDK that is able to create communication files for labview. Does anybody have some experience with this? Now the pixelink website is not accessable.

Pixelink SDK contains LabVIEW drivers. The learning curve is steep if you want to customize but once you get it, I found it efficient. (I used it with A742)

The driver comes with a grabber program that you can use almost out of the box.

Is it possible to download it somewhere?

QUOTE (normandinf @ Feb 10 2009, 05:04 PM)

Pixelink SDK contains LabVIEW drivers. The learning curve is steep if you want to customize but once you get it, I found it efficient. (I used it with A742)

QUOTE (normandinf @ Feb 10 2009, 05:04 PM)

Is there any easier way how to use Pixelink A622 in labview, without SDK and for free?

QUOTE (normandinf @ Feb 12 2009, 02:36 PM)

It's a firewire camera, isn't it? You can use IMAQdx. It's all LabVIEW, but I wouldn't call it "free"...

You are right, it was the first thing I have tried, but I can not find this camera in MAX so I asked about possibility to use it in Labview and its compatibility. How to continue in this case?

QUOTE (Vende @ Feb 12 2009, 09:21 AM)

You are right, it was the first thing I have tried, but I can not find this camera in MAX so I asked about possibility to use it in Labview and its compatibility. How to continue in this case?

In MAX, you have to change drivers. Pixelink cameras automatically install with the factory drivers and MAX doesn't recognize it. Change the settings in MAX and you'll be able to detect it.

QUOTE (normandinf @ Feb 12 2009, 03:56 PM)

In MAX, you have to change drivers. Pixelink cameras automatically install with the factory drivers and MAX doesn't recognize it. Change the settings in MAX and you'll be able to detect it.

So does if I understand you well, it means I can not see this camera in MAX Interfaces and Devices and after change yes. How to do this change? I have not foud any possibility of drivers' change, only when a device is detected. Thanks!

QUOTE (Vende @ Feb 12 2009, 10:31 AM)

So does if I understand you well, it means I can not see this camera in MAX Interfaces and Devices and after change yes. How to do this change? I have not foud any possibility of drivers' change, only when a device is detected. Thanks!

In my experience, I always saw the pixelink cameras in MAX, I just needed to change drivers.

Have you installed IMAQ? I'm not sure you can see the cameras in MAX without IMAQ installed.

QUOTE (Vende @ Feb 12 2009, 04:47 AM)

Well you usually get what you pay for. :rolleyes:

So you want free and easy, if possible without any work from you? And of course bug free and perfect too?

'QUOTE (normandinf @ Feb 12 2009, 10:42 PM)

In my experience, I always saw the pixelink cameras in MAX, I just needed to change drivers.

Have you installed IMAQ? I'm not sure you can see the cameras in MAX without IMAQ installed.

I'm pretty sure you can't see it without at least NI-IMAQdx and the Firewire support installed (which is all part of the license required Vision Acquisition Software).

So no it is not free, but yes I would call it very easy.

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE (rolfk @ Feb 16 2009, 10:05 AM)

Well you usually get what you pay for. :rolleyes:

So you want free and easy, if possible without any work from you? And of course bug free and perfect too?

'

I'm pretty sure you can't see it without at least NI-IMAQdx and the Firewire support installed (which is all part of the license required Vision Acquisition Software).

So no it is not free, but yes I would call it very easy.

Rolf Kalbermatter

I ment for free = without any additional payment for individual camera drivers or developement tools, so without Pixelink SDK.

I have NI-IMAQdx installed and I use an other camera via Firewire, no problem. But Pixelink camera A622 I can not really see! But I can see it in Windows Control pannel, in hardware overview.

QUOTE (Vende @ Feb 16 2009, 08:41 AM)

But Pixelink camera A622 I can not really see! But I can see it in Windows Control pannel, in hardware overview.

Yes, select the camera, right-click and use the NI driver instead of the one supplied by the camera manufacturer. I have my cameras connected to a PXI-RT chassis, so I can't walk you through the exact steps, but thats what I have done in the past.

Neville.

QUOTE (Neville D @ Feb 16 2009, 07:00 PM)

Yes, select the camera, right-click and use the NI driver instead of the one supplied by the camera manufacturer. I have my cameras connected to a PXI-RT chassis, so I can't walk you through the exact steps, but thats what I have done in the past.

Neville.

Hi, thanks, but I cannot see it in MAX, only in Windows hardware overview. Or do you mean changing in there?

• 6 months later...

I need somebody's help to finish it. I would like to use imaqdx drivers wit pixelink camera (as I was said), but when I want to change it in windows, I cannot find them on harddrive. V.

QUOTE (Vende @ Feb 16 2009, 10:59 AM)

Yes, in Windows. How can you change in MAX if you can't detect the camera there?

N.